• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Lets have fun

pee wee

Hi Iz,

Don't those epidemics take a long time to knock on the head. Don't blame you for feeling tired. ;DThe Karate kid is finding things a bit stiff going lately. Might need to go back on the fish oil. Helps with all those general aches & groans. ::)
Just had Mothers Day here. I got 2 new DVD's. I also got to make the kids breakfast, take Kim to a basketball game, make lunch & go visit the M.I.L. But hubby did cook tea the night before ( he ordered in pizza) :2fun:
Waiting for the online murder mystery as well. Think it will be a hoot. Will have to put it on its own mystery forum.

dawnlea

Hi peeps ;D

Welcome to all the new 'faces' on the forum - hope you like the 'letting off steam and generally being nosy' part!! Glad to hear that everyone is ok. Dad is doing well - he goes for more blood tests at the GP's next month. It will tell us if his PSA (prostate specific antigen - the hormone that the prostate excretes) is increasing. There is a guideline range that they follow. Dad's was on the lower limit last time so, if it has increased, hopefully they will investigate more. Don't think the on-line murder mystery will come off guys, sorry!! At the moment, we are doing one every other weekend somewhere or other, so Dad is very busy what with that and work. Will ask him again in the future, though!! Feel almost jealous of Rae and Pee Wee living in Australia and moaning about the heat. Weather has been nice for the last week or so here in Britain but is now turning wet again - so I think that we've had our summer!! I'm moving in a couple of weeks time - only into the next village though. But I'll be back where I started out from 33 years ago in the village that my parents were living in when I was born. But because the broadband will have to be moved, I may be absent for a few weeks!! Don't miss me too much, guys!

TTFN

admin

Loyal Member
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.familyhistory.uk.com
Might need to go back on the fish oil. Helps with all those general aches & groans. - So thats the stuff I should be taking then :)

I really get jealous like Dawn, reading the posts from so many lovely warm countries - Spain, Australia, NZealand. I wish you would stop mentioning the weather - as it is continuing to pee (throw) it down here :mad: :mad:

Oh, plus we may be having a hosepipe ban as we have not got enough water ::)

Really don't know whats happening here in the UK!

Really hope your Dad comes through OK Dawn. Sure he will.
But don't be away too long though - sure we will all miss you - So get that broadband sorted :)

If and when you want to get the (possible) online muder mystery online, let me know directly if I can help (Hosting, web design, etc..)
Cheers,
Dave

pee wee

Hi All :)

Weather really pleasant here at the moment. Round 20c. But drops down over night & have needed heater then.

We have permanent water restrictions here as well. Which you would expect considering how dry parts of Australia are, 8) but now the cities have to conserve as well. :'( Used to be just the towns in the interior. We can only water on days that correspond with our street number. For eg; if your street number is an odd number you can only water on odd numbered days & only morning or evening. No washing the cars in the driveway (have to do it on the lawn). No squirting the pavements to clean them. Prob a host more but can't think of them at the moment. :confused: There are even suposed to be water police but I've never noticed them. :2fun:

Dawn, glad your dad is still well. Hope all goes well when he sees the Dr next mth. :-*Hope you get the broadband up & running easilly. Took ages to get it here.

Take care all.
Peta

dawnlea

Hello peeps ;D

Hold that house moving thought - our prospective landlord rang me yesterday to say that we couldn't have the house we wanted as he'd already let it to someone else :mad:. To say we were not best pleased is a slight understatement!! So, it doesn't look like we will be moving after all (boo!) but it looks like you won't have to miss me in my absence (Hooray!) Thanks again for your kind thoughts about Dad. It's nice to know, in the current state of the world, there are still people who care about each other.
Brought a new(ish) three piece suite yesterday. It was for the new house. It's being delivered on Monday and I've got a slight case of the panics as I don't know whether it will fit in our current front room :mad:
Going to have Callum again at the end of the month. It's half term in Britain the last week of May. Haven't seen him since the middle of April and I miss him so much. I feel very guilty that I sometimes cannot manage to see him very often. Work is an absolute bitch and I just cannot take the time off. So I try to make every moment with him count - I try to do lots of fun things like going to the park, painting, visits to the seaside and, of course, Legoland (Callums favourite place).

Gotta go, Going to the shops ;D

See ya later

pee wee

our prospective landlord rang me yesterday to say that we couldn't have the house we wanted as he'd already let it to someone else .
What a bummer Dawn. Glad your not going to be off line though. Landlords must be the same the world over. :mad: We had friends who had bad experiences with landlords. When my son moved out I made him go through an agent. He has no contact with the owner at all. Makes it a lot better to deal with. :) Do you think you will be able to find another place? :confused:

We're going to Melbourne for a basketball carnival in a few weeks. :2fun:Just confirmed our accomodation. I'm hoping to catch up with family while I'm there. We will be there for about 3days & nights. My niece & her family are there & I have a sister about 4hrs away who will meet us there. Looking forward to that.

Bet your looking forward to Callum being with you Dawn. Hope you have a wonderful time together.

Well got to go, it's bed time.

Take care all.

izabel

Staff member
Hey Guys hows everyone. Its freezing here in SA. We've been hit by rain storms, hail and now snow. Have to give the guys credit for standing on roadblocks in this weather. I think this will apply to any member in any army who is giving to their country. Arrived at the roadblock, Freezing Cold wind blowing that you cant even breathe and you are greated by smiles. Lets salute our forces members all over the world for the great job they are doing irrespective of where they are- dont think there are many of us who would do it.

Hey Peta glad we are not losing you - shame about the move though looks like you were looking forward to it. Still everything happens for a reason. Hang in there girl.

Chat soon

Iz

pee wee

Hi Iz, :)

The cold must be getting to you girl. It's Dawn who was moving not me (though I have thought about it) :2fun:

Will join you in saluting all forces boys & girls the world over. Think they do a marvelous job. :-*

Love the new picture Dawn.

LOL catch you later

dawnlea

Hello peeps ;D

Iz, I forgive you for getting me and Peta mixed up. Although sometimes I wish that I was in Australia But ,now I know that the conditions concerning water shortages and everything are the same as over here, I think I'll stay in good ol' Blighty. 8) We've just decided not to move at all for the moment - we've just had enough. We'll save up instead and have a holiday at the end of the year. We both enjoy going to Centre Parcs - have any of you heard of them? They're a group of holiday villages in the UK (although there are several in Holland, France and Germany as well) that cater for the outdoorsy type. They are set in the middle of the forest and you stay in villas. The swimming pool is situated in a big glass dome and it is a subtropical paradise. No cars are allowed on the village (except to drop off your luggage) so it's very safe for kids to go wobbling about on their bikes. It's very child friendly - Callum loves going. We swim, Callum goes to the kid's clubs, there's a disco for the children in the evening, a bowling alley (which Callum loves) and several restaurants. There's also a spa for the frazzled mums and sports for the dads. It's very refreshing and I never want to come home. I haved joked in the past that, if I win a good amount on the lottery, I'm going to rent a villa for a year and live down there. I can but dream!!

Iz, I totally agree with you about the armed forces. Not only do they put their lives on the line, but they get paid a pittance to do it!! No amount of money could be enough, no matter what they do - whether it's fighting on he front line or looking after checkpoints.

Anyway gotta go - spent too long rambling about centre parcs and I've got to got to work tomorrow!!

dawnlea

PS - The photo is what I think I look like each morning before I open my eyes!! :2fun:

If I could walk around all day with my eyes closed, there'd be a lot less heartache in my life!! Only joking!

admin

Loyal Member
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.familyhistory.uk.com
dawnlea said:
PS - The photo is what I think I look like each morning before I open my eyes!! :2fun:

If I could walk around all day with my eyes closed, there'd be a lot less heartache in my life!! Only joking!
:2fun: :2fun: :2fun:

My eyes are watering!!

Which Center Parcs are you dreaming of living in for a year?
I ask as I was involved in the first one near Nottingham at Sherwood Forest. I was helping out (business) and putting up the hand dryers and soap dispensers. We had a template to work to, to drill the holes. I was in the main toilets at the lovely "subtropical paradise" - pool, and unfortunately hit a water pipe. The water gushed out, I was trying to hold the water back (like the dutch boy!!). Then all the tiles started coming off the walls. I was drenched. It wasn't my fault!! :2fun: :2fun:

dawnlea

Hi Dave

I really enjoy going to Longleat. We have been there together for the past two years but I have been on my own for two years previous to that. This year we are probably going to Elveden. 1 - it's closer and 2 - it is being sold at some point and so won't be a Centre Parcs anymore. I have been to all the UK villages. Didn't really like Sherwood but it did rain the whole time we were there!! So that may have had something to do with it. Sorry, tell a lie - I haven't been to the one up in Cumbria. That one was bought from Oasis and is supposed to be quite nice. But it is a very long drive from Cambridgeshire. They are talking about building one near Bedford - that would be good as it would be nice and close. But you can't beat Longleat - it's beautiful. That's where I would live if I won the lottery. ::)

See you soon

dawnlea

Hi peeps ;D

Spent loads of years on caravan and camping parks - love getting back to nature! Spent a lot of time camping with my first husband. We were both earning really good wages and all I yearned for was a week in Spain - miserable old git said we couldn't afford it! So glad that I got rid of him!! But now I sometimes yearn for some time under canvas. Not to the degree that we used to do it because we had electric hookup - Tv, fridge, lights, the lot. But sometimes just a simple tent, a cool bag, and a battery lamp would do. Just so we could chuck it all in the back of the car at a moments notice and go. Problem is, as much as I like to return to nature, I like my home comforts. Which is why Centre Parcs is ideal for me 'cos we're in the middle of the forest in a very plush villa. At last, I can have my cake and eat it!!!!

I'm 57 and living in Adelaide, South Australia. Of course, I joined (belatedly) to try & trace the whereabouts of my parent's graves before I get to old to remenber what a keyboard does.

My better half has a lot of recipes (which I'm forbidden to approach) passed down by her great-granma. One of them is for Anzac biscuits (Anzac stands for Australian & New Zealand Army Corp) and are apparently so named for their resistance to chewing, because they resembled the soles of army boots. I'll try to persuade her to part with it.

izabel

Staff member
Hi Guys - firstly welcome to Michael. The biscuit recipe sounds interesting - they can be any worse thatn our army biscuits so Ill give the recipe a bash. All this talk about holidays - whats a holiday - I dream of Spain. Still freezing though the snow has gone thank goodness. Hope you are all well. Chat to you in the week.

Iz

admin

Loyal Member
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.familyhistory.uk.com
Hi Michael and welcome to the FHUK forum,

Good luck in your "try & trace the whereabouts of my parent's graves". Maybe we can help here at the forum?

The Anzac Buscuits sound good and as Izabel says "any worse thatn our army biscuits". To be fair (if I can), I was in the army and loved the biscuits, think they were made of oats, but you could eat them dry or add milk to make like a porridge. Good stuff for a growing lad - though my wife says that I have overgrown - around the waiste that is! ;D ;D AND that I am no longer a "lad" ::)

Look forward to seeing you here on the forums Michael,

All the best,
Dave

pee wee

Hi Michael welcome to the forum :)

I'm in Adelaide as well. ;D
Can't beat the Anzac Biscuit Yum. They disappear quicker than I can make them in my house.
Good luck with your family tree hunting, it's an addictive past time. :2fun:
Keep popping back to chat wont you.

Talk to you again.

Cheers

dawnlea

Hello peeps ;D

Yeah, yeah, yeah - I know that it's four o'clock in the morning but I am suffering from a serious case of insomnia. :'(
I've tried everything but just can't get to sleep. On the up side ( if there is one!!), it's four o'clock in the afternoon in Australia and maybe one of our antipodean cousins is online at the mo. What does 'antipodean' mean anyway?!? Outside my window, I can hear the dawn chorus. The little birds that make a nice 'cheepy chirp' sound don't bother me but there must be some crows or something roosting in nearby trees as I can also hear them 'crowing' away - bloody horrible sound!!! Especially at four in the morning!! Anyway, back to bed! Just hope that the other half isn't snoring - will elbow him in the ribs if he is!! So good night, good morning, good afternoon - whatever it is wherever you are!! " Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast." (Brownie point for the first person to name the show and the character!!

TTFN