• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Lets have fun

pee wee

Ok here we go.

James Earl Jones was the voice of Darth Vader in episodes 4,5 & 6

David Prowse played Darth Vader in the same episodes.

Sebastian Shaw provided the face of Darth Vader in episode 6

Scott Lawrence was also the voice of Darth Vader at one time.

How close did I get?

dawnlea

Hello Everyone!!

Blinking heck PeeWee! I really thought that would stump everyone for a good week or so! Of course, the three names I was looking for are - James Earl Jones (voice), David Prowse ("body") and Sebastian Shaw (face). Are you just an incredible Star Wars fan or did you have a little bit of cyberspace assistance? :confused: Can see that I'm gonna have to up the ante a lot and be really obscure!! Well done PeeWee - that's two to you and only one to Dave the admin. Come on Dave, can't be beaten by a woman!!! Does anyone else want to join in - all welcome. The next 'brownie point' will be posted soon. Talking of brownies - I had the most fantastic brownie today from a coffee shop. Chocolate it was - really moist and just melted in your mouth. Not good for the diet but, hey, gotta enjoy your food now and again!!

TTFN

dawnlea

Hello!!

Just had a flash of brilliance - sat down for a while 'cos it hurt.

Brownie point four - On my profile is a picture (not of me unfortunately!!). What I want to know is:

1 - What is this person's name?
2 - She has played the same character in two different TV shows. Name her character and the two shows that she plays her in.

Answers on a virtual postcard please!!

TTFN

pee wee

My son was into Star Wars so I knew first two names but had to go looking for Sebastian Shaw. I had assumed David Prowse was the face until Adam told me Prowse was a tall skinny black man. Mmmm that didn't fit so I cruised the IMBd web site. ( He told me about that one too) :2fun:

What's a virtual postcard. That's a term I don't know. :confused:

dawnlea

Hi PeeWee!! ;D

Surely you've heard of the phrase 'answers on a postcard, please' when TV shows have competitions? Well, as you can't send me an actual postcard with the answer to the brownie point but you post your answer here, it's kind of a virtual postcard. So, answers on a virtual postcard please!!

pee wee

:) Hi Dawn,

I have a vague recollection of the term " answers on a post card" but I can't be sure I knew what it meant. Would have been when I was very young..Prob too Australianised ..
.But I have your answers

Her name is "Charisma Carpenter"
She played "Cordelia Chase"
The shows are "Buffy & Angel"

Had to do a cyber look up after I got her name from the profiles. Those are shows I have not really watched & when I did see one it would have been before she was a character.

dawnlea

Hi Pee Wee ;D

Can see that I'm really gonna have to dig deep for brownie points from now on!! Good on ya, well done, three - one to you. Come on Dave, she's steaming ahead!!

OK - Brownie point number five - In the TV show 'Quantum Leap', starring Scott Bakula as Dr Sam Beckett, what are Sam's last words every episode??

PS Can't you tell that I watch far too much telly!?! And I'm just a hive of useless information?!?

TTFN

pee wee

Hi Dawn, :)

Crikey!! I used to watch that show too , but for the life of me I can't recall what he said. :confused:

Will have to think on that one for a while.

Mmmmm Wonder if son who thinks he knows everything remembers???

Will get back to you.

pee wee

Hi all :) :)

Well it's my daughters 20th birthday today. She has an intellectual disability so she doesn't look or act 20. She is very excited. I made her a big slab choc cake to take to work to share. She's into those magnetic construction toys so she got a huge set, some cloths & a couple of DVD's. Would love to buy her age appropriate things one day. She will get money from other family members. She has been talking about a new Barbie so that will prob be what she gets.

My son has a new job. He is selling land line phone plans. It is commission only so I hope he manages. It's quite long hours as they go into shopping centres & they have to be there as long as the shops are open. He's been out of work for bout 6 mths so this is a change for him.

I'm still thinking on the brownie point Dawn. not even a cyber check is helping my memory on this one.

Cheers all. Catch u later

dawnlea

Hi PeeWee

Wish your daughter a happy birthday for me, won't you? Hope she's having a great time. If I thought that choc cake could survive the British postal system, I'd ask you to send me a bit 'cos I bet it tastes yummy!! I hope she got her Barbie - a girls never too old for a Barbie!! Hope your son's job is also going well - it'll probably be a hard slog but we've all been there. Glad to hear that the old cyber-spy isn't helping this time with the brownie point!! Might have a chance to think really deep about the next one and come up with one with one that is devilishly difficult. Hope you're having good weather - it's absolutely baking here. we had the hottest July day since 1911 last week. It reached just under 36 degrees in London. This week talks of being just as hot. I don't really mind but working in a hospital is a nightmare in this heat. Very uncomfortable!!

Take care of yourselves

TTFN

dawnlea

Hi PeeWee ;D

See that it is your birthday tomorrow - have a great day and happy birthday. Will probably be away from the computer all day. I have got my little boy at the moment as it is the school holidays. The weather is appalling - remember all the hot weather I tiold you about. Well, it's now raining and windy!! But, if it stays fine tomorrow, we have planned a trip to the nearest beach which is about an hours drive away. Hopefully will keep him out of mischief for a while. Any luck with the brownie point yet!?!

TTFN

pee wee

Hi Dawn, :)
Thanks for your wishes. Birthday on 8th. ;D Don't you just love weather extremes. We are having wonderful weather at the moment. Still cool enough for a heater at night but lovely & sunny during the day & pleasant to be out in. Not good for our farmers though. :'( They are waiting for decent rainfalls. Hope the weather holds fine for your trip to the beach. 8)
No luck with the brownie point. :'( The only quote I can remember is "My life is a soap opera". but I think that was during the show not at the end.
That is one show that has never been repeated here. More's the pity I used to enjoy it.

Have a lovely time with your son.

Cheers

I've had ane-mail to say there's a message for me, but when I click on the link, I go to a seemingly endless list of messages. Being new, how do I get to the one I'm supposed to read?
Michael White

pee wee

Hi Michael, :)

On the Family home page where you log in there is a link to messages received. Once you have logged in click that & you should go to your inbox. Your message should be there. If you have a lot of messages that you are unsure of you might need to talk to Dave ( Admin) . Good luck

Right Izabel,
I'm here in Sunny Semaphore, South Australia, looking out at an early Spring.
I don't do a thing for a crust, having retired at the age of 41. Of course, I do various community-type work to keep me off the street and away from suspicious police.

I'm from Birkenhead on the Wirral, south of Liverpool. I'm an orphan :'( :'( :'( :'(, so all I know of my family is contained in the various certificates I've managed to find at the Birkenhead Town Hall. But it's very expensive, what with the exchange rate being three to one in favour of the Empire!!

So, currently I have my parents death certificates and a copy of my mother's remarriage certificate. I'm waiting to see if I can get a phtoograph of their gravestones, in the hope that there may be mention of other members of the family on them- 'Loving Mother of Gertrude and Osric' that sort of thing. Dad is in Landican Cemetary, while Mum is in the Wallasey cemetary.

As to what I did- lots of things- a gravedigger, working in an antique shop, as a postman, in a legal library in Liverpool and in the Library of the South Australian State Parliament. A rich and varied existence, I'm sure you'll agree

Michael White

dawnlea

Hi Michael - welcome to the forum!!

A rich and varied existence indeed!! And to retire at 41 -I can only wish!! Hope you find the info that you are looking for. If you need any help, just ask. I'm sure there will be someone here at the forum who'll be willing to help.

TTFN

pee wee

A very rich & varied lifestyle for sure Michael. We have been having some lovely weather in Adelaide haven't we. :) I for one are loving it. 8) Good luck with your searching.

Dawn, I'm afraid I can't get the brownie point. Need a hint. :'( :'( This one really has me stumped.(((( HEEEELLLPPP))))

I am sitting here playing with our new toy. ;D We have upgraded our computer. Instead of looking at a 14 inch screen our new one is 19 inch. I don't have to scroll side to side any more :2fun: YEAH!!!. & the hard drive is big enough to cope with anything for quite a while.

Well I'm going to play some more. Take care all

dawnlea

Nah.....I think that you've had sufficient time to browse the cyber-highways to find the answer!! So, no more monkeying around. The answer is......(drum roll)..."Oh boy". He always said this as he made his next leap. So that's 3 to PeeWee, 1 to Dave the admin and 1 to me!! Next brownie point coming to a computer near you soon!!

izabel

Staff member
Hi guys its been ages - Peta sorry I missed your birthday - hope you had a good day. :)Welcome to Michael. Hes quite a boffin on the occupation thing - dont know if I want to wear leather again though. :confused: Still battling Swine Fever and 11 months in we are all very tired. The snow and cold weather is helping anyones attitude. :redface: Im useless at this brownie point thing - I cant remember what I watched so long ago - not htat I get much time to watch TV these days. Keep well, chat soon

Iz