• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Lilian Midwinter

Hi, I am retired and live in Cheltenham researching my husbands family tree. His mother was Miriam Phillips born in Ferndale, Rhondda in 1894 of parents Richard Frederick Phillips (born in Cheltenham abt 1858 ) and Mary Llewellyn (born in Aberdare 1868 ). So far so good... Mary Llewellyn's parents were William Llewellyn (born abt 1838 Llansamlet, Glamorgan - can't find his actual birth) and Martha Thomas. I have their marriage certificate Aug 1862 at Register Office in district of Merthyr Tydfil, and Martha's death certificate of 19 June 1899 at 13 Union Street, Ferndale, she was 59 and a widow at the time. William & Martha were living at 13 Union Street on the 1891 census so William obviously died between Apr 1891 and Jun 1899. Thought I found it but on applying for death certificate found it to be another William LLewellyn a farmer, not a coal miner like my William and from Eglwysilan district of Pontypridd whereas I need the Ystradyfodwg district. Any suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator: