• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Lindridge family

raylin

hi everyone

i have recently started on my quest of a complete Lindridge name history if anyone has any info on any Lindridges in thier trees please contact me

many thanks

Ray Lindridge

Hi Ray

I realise it's been about 5 years since you posted your message, but I only just found it today!

I have been researching the Lindridge family for around 10 years, and my mission is to link all the Lindridge's in the world, as I believe we must all be related. I have done extensive research on the name and its origins, and would love to talk to someone with the same interest.

You may never receive this, only because it was such a long time ago that you posted your message, but if you do, I would love to hear from you.

MoK

Hi maidofkent
I realise you might not see this but I'm living in hope. I'm intersested in the Lindridge family too, my Nan's maiden name was Lindridge and while I've had no problem finding family members I can't find anything about the name Lindridge. But it would be great to talk to someone who's got Lindridges in their line, we might even be related!! :D
Anyway feel free to get in touch if you see this

Sorry Lisa, forum rules do not allow posting of email addresses on open forum. Once you have made three posts, you can make contact through the Private message feature

Lisa
xxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi :)

Sorry admin *slaps own wrist* my mistake, I wont do it again

Thanks for the link to that book Lee, it looks really good and I will certainly order one, its just what I was looking for

xxxx

Hi anyone who's still looking at researching the Lindridge line. My Lindridge's come from Kent.

It's made harder by different spellings, Lindridge, Lendredge, Lyndridge etc.
Does anyone have William Frederick born abt 1826 Hollingbourne and Elizabeth Wiles born 1831 Chiddingstone?

Personally I'm stuck at Williams' mother, Elizabeth born abt 1803 Goudhurst, who had him out of wedlock. I believe she took William to Northiam to have him baptised - probably due to the shame - before returning to Goudhurst/Hollingborne.

Cheers
Marilyn

Hello Marilyn,

I'm a Lindridge, and I've recently been researching the particular line you've posted about. I'm also stuck at William. I have some pieces of information about him, but he's definitely elusive prior to the 1851 census.

Sometimes he says he's born in Northiam, other times in Hollingbourne.

This is just a brief e-mail, just to make contact, I'm working at the moment but later today I'll drag out my paperwork on him, and contact you again.

Best wishes

Christine

Hi Christine,

Great. I also have him in the 1851 census but can't find him in the 1841. I do have his mum Elizabeth and her husband in the 1841 census with - maybe - her father Thomas.
I'd send you my email address but I'm not sure how to do it in this forum so it's not made public.

Cheers
Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

Sorry, I didn't get back to you, I thought I could send you a private message, but don't seem to be able to.

I'll look a bit deeper, and hopefully will be able to contact you.

Christine

Hi Marilyn,

Sorry, I didn't get back to you, I thought I could send you a private message, but don't seem to be able to.

I'll look a bit deeper, and hopefully will be able to contact you.

Christine
Hi Christine,

I've just accepted your friend request. See how we go from here...
Will contact the modertor if we can't work it out!

Marilyn

hi everyone

i have recently started on my quest of a complete Lindridge name history if anyone has any info on any Lindridges in thier trees please contact me

many thanks

Ray Lindridge
Hi Ray, I have recently joined this group and have an Ann Lindridge (1761-1827 in my family tree. She married an Edward Burton Colville and her siblings were Thomas, Elizabeth, Edward and Mary. Her parents were Francis Lindridge and Anne Pearce.

Kind regards,

Tracy

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaveHam9 1861 Census Request 0
DaveHam9 Scottish Genealogy Roots 1
DaveHam9 1841 Census Request 6
DaveHam9 1901 Census Request 2
DaveHam9 1871 Census Request 2
DaveHam9 1871 Census Request 2