• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Llanno - Who ???

Hiya Fellow Researchers,

Long time no see - so to speak...hope the research is going well.

I have a big problem in trying to find a wife of an ancestor.

Herbert Francis FEAVER b.1896 (baptised 31 May 1896) in Benenden to Alfred FEAVER (1850-1936) and Anne Elizabeth MACEY (1855-1914) was married in Dec Qtr. 1919 to Jeanne (Joanne,Joan) M M LLANNOO (LLANNSO).

Problem I have is I can't find ANYTHING on our miss LLANNOO....any thoughts? :(

I belong to both Ancestry and The Genealogist and have had NO luck with them-or maybe I'm a bit fick!!! :'(

My thanks to Val for the original assistance in finding the marriage. :)

In anticipation,

Regards,

Max

Hi
Looked on 1911 and incoming passenger lists, without any luck.
I did find Jeanne Marie Madeline Coumeton, born 1888 in Hautes Puranees - Tarbes and Jeanne Marie Madeline Robert Married born 1876 Besancon, France
dave

BraisherT

Seems to me like you might need the last resort of buying the marriage certificate? I looked for a parish register online, but there is no online parish clerk for Cranbrook, and the parish regs only go to 1900 there anyway.

The marriage certificate would confirm the spelling of her name (in case there was a mistake in the index) and also where she was born, and when. It is possible this was a second marriage for her, in which case looking for a birth under Llannoo is a red herring.

Hi
Looked on 1911 and incoming passenger lists, without any luck.
I did find Jeanne Marie Madeline Coumeton, born 1888 in Hautes Puranees - Tarbes and Jeanne Marie Madeline Robert Married born 1876 Besancon, France
dave
Thanks Dave,

Not My LLANNOO though....

Appreciate your input.

Regards,

Max

Seems to me like you might need the last resort of buying the marriage certificate? I looked for a parish register online, but there is no online parish clerk for Cranbrook, and the parish regs only go to 1900 there anyway.

The marriage certificate would confirm the spelling of her name (in case there was a mistake in the index) and also where she was born, and when. It is possible this was a second marriage for her, in which case looking for a birth under Llannoo is a red herring.
I have had a message from Julie which confirms Madame LLANNOO's d.o.b and death.

Many Thanks for your advice.

I have indeed purchased,from Parish Chest,The Parish Registers - Vols 1 &2 Cd-Rom 02/07 (Revision 1) from The Kent Family Society which does contain certain entries for villages from Badlesmere to Woodchurch including Cranbrook but not for LLANNO/FEAVER.

Regards,

Max

Last edited:

nainmaddie

Loyal Member
Hi Max

Julie was asking re the obituary, as sometimes in the local papers etc. you might find an obituary for her , which quite often give you lots of information that you otherwise might not have. That's all !!

Maddie

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
No connection, thanks Maddie for the explanation.

Found births for their children different spelling for mothers maiden name Lanno and Lannor.