• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

London / Middlesex baptism record

Hi everyone,

I am trying to trace the birth of Sarah Allen Pollard of New Windsor.

She married in June 1828 to Dr Henry Parkin RN in St Johns, New Windsor. According to some source she was supposed to be the illegitimate daughter of one of George III's daughters.

In some of the census, she is listed as being born either in London or Middlesex in 1799.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anything.

If anyone can shed a light on this I'd be ever so grateful.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Firstly, New Windsor is in Berkshire. HERE.

As to finding who her father/mother was, proving it will be difficult. George 111 would have been around 40 years old when Sarah was conceived, and not in the best of health. His last legitimate child was born 1783.

He did have 50 illegitimate(to be confirmed), Grandchildren, which I suspect would be more likely way to go, if it was ever possible.

Steve.:)

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your help. However, I know where New Windsor is located and there is no baptism record in Windsor under Sarah's name. In the marriage record it mentions her abode being in New Windsor, not place of birth.

Sarah was supposedly not the illegitimate daughter of George III, but one of his daughters.

Familysearch records isn't complete and I have already looked there previously. Since the census records mentions her place of birth being in London and Middlesex, I was hoping someone might have in depth parish registers of London and Middlesex who could look up Sarah Pollard for me.

Thanks!

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
According to some source she was supposed to be the illegitimate daughter of one of George III's daughters.
Sarah was supposedly not the illegitimate daughter of George III, but one of his daughters.
I doubt the baptism will be found after at least 8 years of searching.

Dave

Ellie7

Loyal Member
I take it that Henry Parkin being a Widower died first. Have you looked for a POOR RELIEF record.

Edit- I See the Bawden name is from the parkin side.Where does the Stuart name come from ,or the Allen for that matter.

Ellie

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ellie,

Thank you so much for taking your time to check out - unfortunately Sarah Allen marrying John Pollard in 1813 would be too late.

Henry Parkin did die way before Sarah, but in his will there was no clue apart from leaving everything to Sarah and their children.

I know that most of London baptism register is missing and not so complete on online websites, so I was hoping if there is someone with access to it or could refer to me to somewhere that has comprehensive guide to London baptism.

:)

Dear Dave,

Thanks for your comment, but I really don't understand why you are bothering to comment on my post or to tell me that I have been searching family history for over 8 years.

I must emphasise that, I do have other things in life, and I am not here searching family history 24/7. Yes, I was looking Sarah Pollard previously, but it was for her marriage record in 2007.

Please refrain from commenting if you are not going to help.

Thanking you in advance.

Ellie7

Loyal Member
The reason I mentioned that earlier marriage ,is some people do lie about their age and whether they have been married before ,especially in Parish records. Chastity and a good name is all a woman had at that time.

Some things put on threads are for other helpers and not necessarily for poster, e.g where New Windsor is ,I would have to look that up, and knowing you have been looking so long lets us know how hard this person is to find. Also would like you to know that educated guesses are allowed .I would add that marriage too your tree ,with that stated to remind you until perhaps you find other records. Have done that myself in the past.:)

Regards Ellie

http://www.berksfhs.org.uk/cms/How-to-get-started/ten-commandments-of-genealogy.html

Ellie7

Loyal Member
Sometimes it is also possible to go back using a persons middle name.

Mary Honor Brigham 1823

Honour Acklam

1745–1746

Birth 1745 • Nunkeeling

Death 03 FEB 1746 • Nunkeeling

Honour Thewlis
SP-William Acklam

1706–1789

Birth 1706 • Nunkeeling

Ellie

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Dear Dave,

Thanks for your comment, but I really don't understand why you are bothering to comment on my post or to tell me that I have been searching family history for over 8 years.

I must emphasise that, I do have other things in life, and I am not here searching family history 24/7. Yes, I was looking Sarah Pollard previously, but it was for her marriage record in 2007.

Please refrain from commenting if you are not going to help.

Thanking you in advance.
Hi Tom,

All of us a trying to help with your research, and no one else knows here, what you know about your family history and it's records.

The more information we have, no matter how obscure, helps us to help you, and to help each other.

Some thoughts and help, may be quite of the wall, so to speak, which doesn't not mean it's right or wrong, but allows a bit of sideways thinking.

The fact that a member has made a comment that you are not comfortable with, was only to allow us to know a more complete picture of your 'struggle' to find the truth, wherever that may come from.
As you say, we all have better things in life to do, and that applies to all of us.
At the end of the day, we are all here to help each other in our hobby of FH.

Steve.:)

Ladybird1300

Loyal Member
Staff member
Ok folks I'll try to get back to the subject in hand. This one is worth considering:

Name: Sarah Pollard
Baptism Date: 12 May 1805
Parish: St Mary, Harrow
County: Middlesex
Borough: Harrow
Parent(s): Sarah Pollard
Record Type: Baptism
Register Type: Parish Register

Amanda

Ellie7

Loyal Member
There is an earlier Sarah Allen Pollard marrying a Thomas Marmaduke Wybourne at St.Marylebone ,both of that parish.With consent of John Pollard, so bride under 21?

Edit-there is a John Pollard marring Westminster 1783 can't find the bride?

Edit it appears he was born 1783 Richmond. Thomas Marmaduke Wybourne

Ellie

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your help and apologies if I had been rather curt.

Ellie, you've been amazing - I think you might be right with Sarah Allen Pollard marrying Thomas Marmaduke Wybourn first - she would have been under the age of 21. Although that would imply that she lied when she married Henry Parkin in 1828 - as it shows her as a spinster on the marriage record.

If this is all correct she would be the daughter of John Pollard - I've been trying to find marriage of John Pollard in 1783 at Westminster - but cannot find it anywhere. Her birth also remains a mystery.

I'll keep on digging and let's see if I can shed anymore light to this.

Once again thank you to everyone.

Ladybird1300

Loyal Member
Staff member
Found this marriage in Westminster:

First name(s) JOHN
Last name POLLARD
Marriage year 1783
Marriage day 26
Marriage month Aug
Parish St George, Hanover Square
Spouse's first name(s) ANN
Spouse's last name WRIGHT
Groom's parish St George Hanover Square
Bride's parish St George Hanover Square
County Middlesex
Record set Westminster Marriages
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Subcategory Marriages & divorces
Collections from Great Britain

Amanda

judex

I’m chasing this also, for a family member. I saw Dave the moderator had indicated that there was more information posted on 11 March 2007, but I can’t find how to navigate there.
Is there any new information about Sarah Allen Pollard or Dr Henry Parkin?