• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

London Photos.

leefer

Loyal Member
Hi everybody, was delivering to a big site in Kings Cross today(didnt stop in any phone boxes;))..and took a few pics of normal London:cool:...bits of this and that rather than the good stuff....most were taken from my lorry while parked so the quality may not be great....but here goes starting with the site in Kings Cross...big hotel and office block,just what we need:mad:

A little empty house below...this grabbed me because it was once someones pride and joy

Some like Green.

And some like a dirty great Holly Bush to thwart the posty:biggrin:

Yorkgate House which fronts Regent Park below

Love this little Doctors surgery below on the main A40 leaving London...has always been a doctors house i am led to believe.. this house is bang in between two shopping arcades!

Below is the old(dated 1902) Euston fire station,note the V instead of U in Euston.

And finally below leaving West London via the A40....dusk is looming.

great pixs....sad to see city skyline and no green, tks.for sharing!

Hi everybody, was delivering to a big site in Kings Cross today(didnt stop in any phone boxes;))..and took a few pics of normal London:cool:...bits of this and that rather than the good stuff....most were taken from my lorry while parked so the quality may not be great....but here goes starting with the site in Kings Cross...big hotel and office block,just what we need:mad:

A little empty house below...this grabbed me because it was once someones pride and joy

Some like Green.

And some like a dirty great Holly Bush to thwart the posty:biggrin:

Yorkgate House which fronts Regent Park below

Love this little Doctors surgery below on the main A40 leaving London...has always been a doctors house i am led to believe.. this house is bang in between two shopping arcades!

Below is the old(dated 1902) Euston fire station,note the V instead of U in Euston.

And finally below leaving West London via the A40....dusk is looming.

admin

Loyal Member
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.familyhistory.uk.com
I have been in London all this week on business, staying at Wembley (some good memories of taking my lads to see Forest on 3 occasions!).

Travelled all over London, mainly via Tube, but also by bus, train and by foot - my poor legs are killing me! Must have walked a few marathons! :) Each day I must have used around 30 tubes....those escalators and stairs were murder!

I am amazed at the building work going and and the lovely areas of London I have never seen (lived in London for a couple of years in the 1970's), especially around the southbank, from the other side of Tower Bridge (Tea Trade Wharf) all a long past the City Hall (where the tallest buliding in Europe - going to a point is being constructed! the-shard.com), going past London bridge, taking in the Golden Hinde (Francis Drakes) and then Shakespears Globe Theatre, then the massive Tate modern and past the wobbly bridge (Millennium Bridge) onto Blackfriars bridge.

The East end of London around Stretford (Getting ready for the Olympics) and also around Canary Wharf is amazing!

Absolutely great! Must make another trip and take "her indoors" with me.

regards to all,
Dave

leefer

Loyal Member
Sounds like a great time.
I have walked miles around London....often when younger with not a lot of money i just love the history of the place.

The Romans sailing in on that great river,remember no Thames barrier then!
The Victorians scating on it when it froze solid....Wren and Dickens taking a boat to a small coffee house on the rivers edge,not together of course.
Hogarth at his Chiswick house in West London....did he realise how big a part his paintings helped us...well me anyway learn of the slum and hard life of London in his time.
The Tower and the Palace and its grizzly history along with countless generations of monarchy.Not forgeting the hundreds of churches some as old as London itself.....and the countless hidden gems places of of past history and more modern mixed together like rhubarb and custard.

You can hate London.....but not help loving it at the same time.

Glad you enjoyed it Dave.

leefer

Loyal Member
They are very good Dave......my fave being the Globe theatre,first time i have seen it.
They made a good job of making it look like the original Globe theatre.

somerstown

Valued Member
Thanks for that Leefer. I was born just around the corner from Kings Cross, just off Eversholt Street. In fact my Quack's was in Eversholt Street
Someone seems to have stuck some big ugly buildings around there! :eek: