• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Look for Death years

teamwilly

I am Looking for the dates if possible of Fredrick and Florence Steel I know that they lived there later years in the Redcar and Cleveland area Fredrick either died in the late 60's early 70's according to my mam he died before her mother died in late 1973 so any help I would be greatfull

oznannie

Loyal Member
Hi I remember Steel's from another post.
Don't have Florence birth year handy.
Could this be her aged 78 yrs?
death Beverley East Riding rego district.

Frederick middle name Wm?
York Yorkshire East Riding
1969 aged 71yrs

ozn

oznannie

Loyal Member
I've found your other post, Fredk bn 1909 so ignore my previous suggestions.
How are about this one?
Frederick Steel bn 9th April 1909
died 1973 Buckrose rego district East Riding
vol 2a page 54

ozn

teamwilly

I don't think so he was born in grangetown lived most of his adult life in London then moved back up north to either Saltburn by the sea or Maske by the sea both use to be in North Yorkshire now in Redcar and Cleveland and died there Florence was born I belive in Brighton area but died in the same area as Fredrick or she could for all I know have moved back to Brighton?????

Last edited:

oznannie

Loyal Member
If you had given his birth year and place at the beginning of your post, it would have helped.
He was born in Grangetown 1909, do you have him and his family in the next census?
So you think Florence didn't die in Yorkshire?
Have you got her birth year please?

ozn

Hi
based on your post, I can only find one fred death in the time limits

Frederick Steel died 1964 aged 85 Cleveland ref 1b 611.

The age could be wrong and should be 55 not 85, but you would have to get the cert to be sure.

dave

teamwilly

Sorry oznanie I know from family he was born in either 1909/1910 lived at 86 Stayplton street Grangetown he is the only one of that family I Know nothing about apart from what I have said above

Last edited:

oznannie

Loyal Member
There is a birth for Fredk apr - june qtr 1909 Middlesborough rego area which would make him 1yr old in the next census.
In the deaths Cleveland comes up as a rego area but not Redcar.
Quite a number of Steel deaths in North Cleveland.
No luck with Florence, also tried Steel(e)

sorry me dear
ozn

added Do you know where & when they married?
I'm hoping they may have a middle initial..

teamwilly

Looks like I have hit a big brick wall on these two I have given all the info I know these two are driving me round the bend with not been able to find anything out as most of the people who would know are dead or in mams and dads case the know only were they lived in London and a rough Idea were abouts they lived in Cleveland area

Last edited: