• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

look up please

hi all can some one look up a marrage for me please for a mark mason born abt 1867 and phebe sorry no surname born abt 1857 ish both born in birmingham i think lol thank you so much

alan

hi darkcrystal thank you for taking the time to look yes thows are the ones i just cant find a marriage for them i had a quick look at your link it looks good so i put it in fvs so when i get some more time i can have a proper look and thanks again

alan

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Alan,

I've had a look as well but couldnt find anything. One of their childrens birth certificates will give the mothers maiden name. Also their years of birth are not very consistant.

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member

Mark and Phoebe are down as Marsh which also looks like Marsh on the census image.

Phoebe has been transcribed as Phabe J
Mark as Math W

Class RG10
Piece 3117
Folio 71
Page 38

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
I'm wondering if Phoebs maiden name is Higgins or she was married before, Thomas Birchem who is with them in 1871 is shown as brother. There are 2 Phoebe (Phebe) Higgins in 1841/51 census born abt 1835 and 1838. Not much luck on Birchem.

Last edited:
thank you both for looking for me hi julie see i have the same thing all diffrent years of birth the further back in the census i go see i was after alfred mason i have found him i think this is out of the 1901 census not sure thow cos didnt write the census year down alfed born about 1882 and in the 1891 its down as the same but marks changed from about 1867 to abt 1851 see in the 1901 census they are living in weymouth witch i knew thats where they moved to but in the 1891 census they are still in birmingham same family the years are diffrent lol dont you just love it lol thanks again for looking

alan