• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Looking for births please.

Hi Moppett :)
Free BMD have a birth for a Joan A Sansom4th qtr 1928 maiden name Pine
Hartley Witney, Hampshire rego.
There are 2 more births with Sansom/Pine.
The 2 women from Cardiff you posted, what is their connection?

Ozn

Moppett

Hi Moppett :)
Free BMD have a birth for a Joan A Sansom4th qtr 1928 maiden name Pine
Hartley Witney, Hampshire rego.
There are 2 more births with Sansom/Pine.
The 2 women from Cardiff you posted, what is their connection?

Ozn
The Name Joan Samson is the right name not the one you put.

As for the other two names the are something to do with my grandparents.

Moppett

Okies Moppett
Wrong Joan, can you tell us more please? maiden name of her mother, missing sister's name?
And what do you need about the two Welsh lassies?

Thanks

Ozn
Just trying to find out anything about Miss Joan Samson she is ashing for her family tree deatails but I just need to know wheree born if poss and DOB if you have any, I know she has grown up in Farnborough Area that it.

dochines

Valued Member
Hi
I'm slightly confused by this thread. I have in the past experiened problems with the Sansom/Samson issue. the family I researched were in and around Poole and the Devon Dorset border and the spellings were completely interchangeable within families from one document to the next particularly in 18th and 19th C records

dochines

The two above are sisters Winified and Helene Strong can gie me more info on please.
Hello Moppett,

Using the free search facility on FMP, the following people are in the same household in the Bridgend RD in Glamorganshire, in 1911.

Edith Laura Strong 34
George Henry Strong 37
Evylyn Laura Strong 12
Ernest Strong 11
Sydney Strong 8
Alan Strong 5
Harry Strong 4
Winifred Strong 1
Helena Strong 0

Josie :)

Moppett

Hi
I'm slightly confused by this thread. I have in the past experiened problems with the Sansom/Samson issue. the family I researched were in and around Poole and the Devon Dorset border and the spellings were completely interchangeable within families from one document to the next particularly in 18th and 19th C records

dochines
Hi their I have been asked to try and find out about this perso Joan Sanson off 1928, yes she is still alive but un abled to give us any info about herseft as she has had a stoke, and remembers nothing of her details. All I was given is the details above. Joan is a very lovely woman and I'm trying to help if I can.

David.

Hello David,

Further to your dismissing Oznan’s discovery of the birth of Miss Joan Sansom, I searched FreeBMD for the birth of Joan Sa*so* from Sep 1928 to Dec 1929, in any area. The asterisks allow for extra letters and of course pinpoint any spelling errors.

Of the 23 hits, only one had the exact spelling SAMSON. This lady – Joan M Samson was registered in the third quarter of 1929 in Strood, Kent; her mother’s maiden name was Fletcher. As your Joan lived in Farnborough, Hampshire, I doubt that this is the correct lady.

In post 7 of this thread, Dochines makes the following comment...

Hi
I'm slightly confused by this thread. I have in the past experienced problems with the Sansom/Samson issue. the family I researched were in and around Poole and the Devon Dorset border and the spellings were completely interchangeable within families from one document to the next particularly in 18th and 19th C records

dochines

I have to agree with this, as I have come across many, many misspellings of names in my own family research.

Therefore, my conclusion is that Ozn found the correct lady!

Here are the details again....

Joan M Sansom 4th qtr 1928 mother’s maiden name Pine
Hartley Witney, Hampshire RD, volume 2c page 312.

In the second quarter of 1923, there is a marriage registered in Farnham, Surrey. Annie Pine married William A Sansom – vol 2a page 250

In the second quarter of 1924, there is birth registered in Farnham of James S Sansom, with mother’s maiden name Pine – vol 2a page 210.

Additionally, there is a birth of Joyce K Sansom (mother’s maiden name Pine), registered in the Hartley W district in the second quarter of 1925 – vol 2c page 359.

I don’t know how badly Miss Samson has been affected by her stroke, but it might be an idea to ask her whether she had a brother called James and a sister called Joyce; you could also ask whether her mum was called Annie and her dad William.

Here’s hoping that the results will be positive!

I wish you all the very best, when you have your operation, later in the year.

Kind regards,

Josie :)

I'd like to say well done to Josie too :)
Good luck with it all

If it's of any help, the 1911 census lists George as a photographer traveller born Swansea, wife Edith born Aberdare and they had by then been married for 13 years. The children appear to be siblings (not step/lodgers etc.) The first 3 were born in Cardiff, the last 4 born Bridgend and the family address is 54 Grove Road Bridgend Glamorganshire

Last edited: