• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Looking for Elizabeth Malone

Adam

From
England
Hi
I am unable to trace Elizabeth Malone nee Bridge, she married Peter Malone in 1862 in Birkenhead Cheshire.

The family are in the 1871 census, institution 10. Household 222. piece.
folio 124. page 38.

Also in the 1881 census institution 12a. Piece 3577. folio 11. page 16.

In the 1891 census Peter Malone is on his own as a lodger, or living with a widow. Piece2880. Folio 68. page 25.

In the 1901 census RG 13 piece 3389. folio 64. page 15 Peter Malone is living with one son in 5 Park street, and states he is a widow.
And 5 doors away in 11 Park street, his wife Elizabeth is back living with their other son.
Would like to know why she missed the 1891 census.
Many thaks for any help given
Adam

I think -

the marriage had broken down. By 1891 Elizabeth may have been in an institution and all the children had married. In 1891 William was married and already living af 5 Park St

dave

Thanks for the look up Dave, I think you are right about the marriage breakdown, Elizabeth may have been in an institution, but in the 1901 census she is living with her son Edward at 11 Park street and states she is married, at the other end of the same page of the census, her husband Peter Malone is with the other son William, in 5 Park street, and he states he is widow.
Adam

Hi
I am unable to trace Elizabeth Malone nee Bridge, she married Peter Malone in 1862 in Birkenhead Cheshire.

The family are in the 1871 census, institution 10. Household 222. piece.
folio 124. page 38.

Also in the 1881 census institution 12a. Piece 3577. folio 11. page 16.

In the 1891 census Peter Malone is on his own as a lodger, or living with a widow. Piece2880. Folio 68. page 25.

In the 1901 census RG 13 piece 3389. folio 64. page 15 Peter Malone is living with one son in 5 Park street, and states he is a widow.
And 5 doors away in 11 Park street, his wife Elizabeth is back living with their other son.
Would like to know why she missed the 1891 census.
Many thaks for any help given
Adam

I am the grandson on Edward Malone - son of Peter Malone - I am trying to piece together the family from Park Street back to Ireland.

Hi Chris
We have the same family tree, we have a family funeral at the moment it will be next week when I am able to reply to this post and send you what I have.

Adam

Hi Chris
My granfather was Peter Malone born 1892, his father was Edward Malone born 1863. I have the same problem with researching ancestors from Ireland.

I have information on the Malone family I can send to you by P.M.
I am sure the rules of this site state you have to have 3 posts on the site before we can P.M.

Best regards

Adam

Hi Chris
My granfather was Peter Malone born 1892, his father was Edward Malone born 1863. I have the same problem with researching ancestors from Ireland.

I have information on the Malone family I can send to you by P.M.
I am sure the rules of this site state you have to have 3 posts on the site before we can P.M.

Best regards

Adam

My Great Grandfather was Edward Malone son of Peter Malone. He married twice. His first wife was Annie Traynor and with her had Edward and Annie who were twins, plus Peter Elisabeth and May Marie. Edward had a furniture removal business called Malone Removals. I have a picture from a newspaper plate of their advertising image of their yard full of carts. We still have a brass bell of one of the favourite horses. His son Edward married Catherine (Kitty) Byrne formerly a shop assistant from Beckwith Street. The married in 1921. I have a great family photo of the wedding. Sadly Edward died in 1956. They had three children Maureen, Kathleen and Edward James. (my father) and lived in 22 Parkfield Ave (still standing) Edward James Malone married Margery Quinn a local Irish nurse. I was born in 1955 also a twin and we lived for six months in Parkfield Avenue before moving to Upton. I would love to know anything about Peter Malone and his wife Mary Elizabeth. and any family stories from the period.

Hi Chris
Looking forward to an exchange of information, I have B.M.D. Certificates. Newspaper reports, and a a photograph of Edward Malone's family grave.

Best regards

Adam

Adam

looking forward to finding out some new information on the Malone family Birkenhead. Is this a third posting?

The system at its leisure will turn your user name green - 24 seconds to 24 hours. Mods have no control over it - sorry.

Try one more post and it might kick the system. Some glitch in the software.

Ok, I scared the system. :D

Dave

Last edited:
Hi everyone, my name is Lucy (nee Blakeley), my grandmother was Anne Malone born 1919, daughter of Peter Malone born 1893 and Ellen Burke 1898. She married William Henry Blakeley and he was my grandfather. I am also trying to trace the Malone lineage and have Edward Malone born 1863 as his father, but Peter was the son of Edward and Annie Traynor/Trainer (born 1867, died 1900) so he was the sort of other branch of the Edward Malone lineage. Most of what I can find on censuses are the other children born to Edward and his next wife Alice Malone (born 1888). I understand there was a rift in the family regarding Peter and Alice, but I would really find some more information about Edward, his marriage to Annie and whether they had any more children other than Peter, where they lived etc.

Hi to Chris and Adam, I'm sure we are 'step related' some how as I'm from the first wife branch of the family!

Lucy

Hi everyone, my name is Lucy (nee Blakeley), my grandmother was Anne Malone born 1919, daughter of Peter Malone born 1893 and Ellen Burke 1898. She married William Henry Blakeley and he was my grandfather. I am also trying to trace the Malone lineage and have Edward Malone born 1863 as his father, but Peter was the son of Edward and Annie Traynor/Trainer (born 1867, died 1900) so he was the sort of other branch of the Edward Malone lineage. Most of what I can find on censuses are the other children born to Edward and his next wife Alice Malone (born 1888). I understand there was a rift in the family regarding Peter and Alice, but I would really find some more information about Edward, his marriage to Annie and whether they had any more children other than Peter, where they lived etc.

Hi to Chris and Adam, I'm sure we are 'step related' some how as I'm from the first wife branch of the family!

Lucy

Hi Lucy

I have just seen you post re Malone family research. I have loads of information on Malone family going back to Ireland. I also have lots of info on Peter and Edward Malone (My Grandfather) and the events post 1900. Peter was the oldest of two sons. There were many more sisters and many children lost in child birth. let me know what you are looking for. I presume you are a descendant of John Blakeley.

Regards

Chris

Back