• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

looking for Higginson family - Wellington

Hi

I am researching my friends family tree and have found her gt gt grandmother Hannah Higginson b 1850 in Wellington NZ. Hannah married Richard Tyner - don't know where as they appear to have travelled between England and India (think Richard was in the British army). In 1869 Hannah and Richard were in Carlisle Cumbria England and had a daughter Cecilia HAnnah Tyner but by 1874 they were in Lucknow India where they had a son Herbert George Tyner. By 1881 Hannah and her children were back living in LAncashire England but no sign of her husband Richard, in fact Hannah appears on all further census firstly as a widow and then she re married Joseph Bolton. The only reason I know that her maiden is Higginson is that when her daughter Cecilia was born her mother was named as HAnnah Tyner formerly Higginson. All the census returns in England state that she was born 1850 in Wellington NZ. I would be grateful for any help in tracing her birth