• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

looking for info on davies

davej

i am trying to trace my wifes family.father was thomas idwal davies b10/02/1908 in gilfach.sub district gelligaer.county of glamorgan.his parents were david davies and elizabeth davies formerly bevan.lived in mountain ash cottage.gilfach.can anyone help me to trace back any further in time through censuses.thanks

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
i am trying to trace my wifes family.father was thomas idwal davies b10/02/1908 in gilfach.sub district gelligaer.county of glamorgan.his parents were david davies and elizabeth davies formerly bevan.lived in mountain ash cottage.gilfach.can anyone help me to trace back any further in time through censuses.thanks

Hi Dave,
Have you a marriage cert for David and Elizabeth. I don't have access to 1911 census, and there are a few entries for David in 1901 census. Do you know what year he was born.
I have guesstimated his birth year 1885 +/-5, and it throws up quite a few possibilities for Mountain Ash.
Any other info would be helpful. As Davies is the English equivalent of Smith.:D

Steve.:)

davej

Hi Dave,
Have you a marriage cert for David and Elizabeth. I don't have access to 1911 census, and there are a few entries for David in 1901 census. Do you know what year he was born.
I have guesstimated his birth year 1885 +/-5, and it throws up quite a few possibilities for Mountain Ash.
Any other info would be helpful. As Davies is the English equivalent of Smith.:D

i dont have a marriage cert for them i only have a birth cert for thomas.and i dont know his d.o.b.they lived in gilfach which is a village nr bargoed not in mountain ash i think you have mixed the villages up.they lived in mountain ash cottage.gilfach.:D

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
i dont have a marriage cert for them i only have a birth cert for thomas.and i dont know his d.o.b.they lived in gilfach which is a village nr bargoed not in mountain ash i think you have mixed the villages up.they lived in mountain ash cottage.gilfach.:D
Am I right in assuming Gilfach is situated east of Maesteg and west of Pontypridd and north of Bridgend.