• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Looking for information on my Grandfather John Beardsmore

Hello Peter, you certainly are my uncle as you are in my family tree. You contacted me a few years ago when I was subscribed as a free member with genesreunited and/or ancestry.com. You gave me access to your family tree but because I was not a paying member I could not view it. I would love to know any information about my living relatives and if I have any cousins etc. their names, ages etc. My Mum Mary is still in contact with Gay and Joy and possibly Gwen who I think are your sisters. I would love to see any pictures you may have of any of my relations and especially of my Grandad (your Dad). It would be fantastic if you have any pictures of my Mum when she was younger. My email address is *** if you want to send me a pm. Lovely to hear from you again.

Su

EMAIL REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS AS PER SITE POLICY.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Su,
I would love to send you some photos, but this site has blocked your email address. Look me up on a very famous social networking site and look for the picture of a vole. (There are 2 or three people with my name). You can browse some photos and I can send you my email address that way,
Regards,
Peter

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi Peter,

Once you have posted 3 times your username will turn to green shortly after. This will then allow you to send private messages. You can swap contact details with Su via the private message system if you wish to do so.

Hi Peter, I've looked for the vole and requested you as a friend and my cousin Katy too! Have looked at your photos they are great. The one of my great Grandad Henry Horatio is brilliant, its the first old photo on my Mums side that I've seen.

Love Su x

dochines

Valued Member
Hi
I have followed this thread with great interest as I too have Beardsmore connections in Birmingham. So far I have not spotted a family I can link to but you all may well be able to

I have John Beardsmore my 3 great grandfather born abt 1796 and died before 1851 married to Elizabeth Tongue (sometimes Tong) bapt 17 1 1798 Birmingham died 1861 they were married 3 jan 1916 St Martin Birmingham

Hannah 8/4/1840-1901 was one of their daughters "married" George Cooper Astley and a John Johnson was legally married to her in 1859 in west Brom

john and elizabeth had 10 children
William 1818
Mary 1816
thomas 1830
Emma 1827
Samuel 1833-1855
Rebecca 1837 -bef 1881
Anna 22 7 1837
john 8 4 1822
William george 1825

and Hannah above

this familly were spectacle makers and jewellers