• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Looking for Lucas

Hi everyone, my apologies if I have posted in the wrong place.
I am trying to trace the Lucas family, which is my Mum's side. We believe we are related to the Lucas Industries and there's a story that two of the Lucas brother fell out as one of them married a catholic lady, which apparently didn't go down too well with the Lucas family!

I have some documents, for example 1897 a marriage certificate dated June the 7th 1897 Joseph Lucas and Ada Day. (Birmingham)
I also have a Baptism record of my Nan, Margaret Gloria Lucas 1947.Her mother and father were Mary Helena Lucas and William Joseph Lucas.
On a Baptism record 1930, who we believe is my Nan's brother, Peter Robert Lucas ( I think there were 6 7 children) the father's name is written Joseph William Lucas.
Mary Helena Lucas died in 1965 and her Mum, I believe was Eliza Lucas, who died 1920 aged 83.

The above is all the info I have but there is a mention of the surname Hill somewhere, which I cant seem to link.

Again, my apologies if I have posted in the wrong place!
I would be so very grateful for any help :)
Thank you