• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

looking for parents

davej

i am trying to find the parents of david lewis b1849 in garndiffaith pontypool.and his wife margaret b1847 in bedwellty.they had 3 children jane b1873 in bedwellty.laura b1876 in bedwellty.arthur b1878 in llanelly.i have them on the 1881 census in llanelly RG11 PIECE 5465/27 PAGE 3. can anyone help please.dave

Last edited:

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Dave,

The marriage certificate will give the fathers name and occupation and it may help to narrow the family down on the census, as Davids pob varies.

angel24

Hi Dave
I have just found a family tree on Ancestry owner is Jenkinss7
they have David Lewis B 1849 Aberystruth Monmouthshire Wales
parents David Lewis B 1799 & Hannah Harries/Harris B1809 D 1890
Hannah's Parents were Thomas Harris B1780D 1851 Mother Kitty Aston B 1781 D 1864

David Lewis b 1849 married a Margaret Lewis B 1847 in Bedwellty
marriage 1867
their children were Jane B 1873, Laura 1876 D 1941 Arthur 1878
Laura married a David Jenkins 12-3-1895 and had children

If this is your Family and you do not have access to Ancestry i would be willing to print some of the information and send to you

Family Search has the birth of David Lewis 1849 Aberytstruth Monmouth England parents David & Hannah
Hope this helps with your research I got interested because i am researching The Lewis Families also who came to Australia
Regards angel24

Last edited:

emeltee

Loyal Member
Hi,
Could this be David Lewis with his family in 1851

HO107/2449/F496/p39
Gandefatt, Garndifath, Trevettin, Monmouthshire

William Lewis 48 Head Labourer Monmouthshire
Sophia Lewis 49 Wife Dingestow, Monmouth
Henry 17 Son Miner Orcop, Monmouth
Ann 15 Dau Orcop, Monmouth