• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Looking for William Knox and Margaret Lamont from Ballymoney

knox

Hi

I was wondering if it was possible could anyone do a search for me on my great grandparents marriage. I have found out that William Knox and Margaret Lamont were married in one of the churches in Ballymoney between 1865 to 1870 as their first child called Eliza was born in 1870. The reason I knows this is a friend of mine had the marriage of my great great grandparents and when I asked her that could I have a copy of it, she told me that she couldn't find this marriage as she doesn't know where she has put it. I also have no transport up to Ballymoney as I live in Newtownabbey area. I would really appreicate if anyone could help here. Thank you. welcome

Last edited:

maryoak

Hi

I was wondering if it was possible could anyone do a search for me on my great grandparents marriage. I have found out that William Knox and Margaret Lamont were married in one of the churches in Ballymoney between 1865 to 1870 as their first child called Eliza was born in 1870. The reason I knows this is a friend of mine had the marriage of my great great grandparents and when I asked her that could I have a copy of it, she told me that she couldn't find this marriage as she doesn't know where she has put it. I also have no transport up to Ballymoney as I live in Newtownabbey area. I would really appreicate if anyone could help here. Thank you. welcome
can't find their marriage yet. but it looks like they had a child before 1870.

Record Type Civil Birth
Date of Birth 10 Feb 1868
Name Margret KNOX
Gender F
Fathers Name William KNOX
Mothers Forenames Margret
Mothers Maiden Name LAMONT
Civil District Ballymena
Sub District Galgorm
County Antrim

Record Type Civil Birth
Date of Birth 6 Oct 1870
Name Eliza KNOX
Gender F
Civil District Belfast
Sub District Belfast No 2
County Antrim

Record Type Civil Birth
Date of Birth 11 Feb 1872
Name Martha Ellen KNOX
Gender F
Mothers Forenames Margaret
Civil District Belfast
County Antrim

mary.

can't find their marriage yet. but it looks like they had a child before 1870.

Record Type Civil Birth
Date of Birth 10 Feb 1868
Name Margret KNOX
Gender F
Civil District Ballymena
Sub District Galgorm
County Antrim

Record Type Civil Birth
Date of Birth 6 Oct 1870
Name Eliza KNOX
Gender F
Civil District Belfast
County Antrim

Record Type Civil Birth
Date of Birth 11 Feb 1872
Name Martha Ellen KNOX
Gender F
Mothers Forenames Margaret
Civil District Belfast
County Antrim

mary.
Mary
Thank you so much for your help as it is much appreicated. I am going up to Proni and look at the churches in Ballymena as I have nothing to lose here.

Mary
Thank you so much for your help as it is much appreicated. I am going up to Proni and look at the churches in Ballymena as I have nothing to lose here.
Hi Mary
I was wondering if you could tell me where did you receive the information about my ancestors as I was trying to get Margret Knox's date of birth but had Eliza Knox's birth and also Martha Ellen's birth. It would be so much appreicated if you could let me know what website you were on. Thank you very much for helping me.