• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Lost Credits.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Yes, I know it's my fault for not using all my credits in the 'alotted' time.

BUT WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO.:mad: :mad:

It's not as if we don't want them, or we feel sorry for the poor site for having to keep track of them.
It stinks, and if someone has a very good reason for doing it, would they let me know.:mad: :mad:

Steve.:) :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have credits left on the 1911 census website and do not have much need for them at the mo...
But what really hacked me off the other day was, I opened an original document and from the 11 members of family on the transcript only 4 appeared on the original - then a line across seperated another family.....:D
I assume they expect me to pay another 30 credits for the rest of the household

- I dont think so....http://www.hunkystrippers.com/board/images/smilies/****.gif
lol Money isnt an issue, more the principal, the robbing (ENTER YOUR OWN EXPLETIVE) :D

pejay

Valued Member
Hello, yes I agree, this is a subject I could get on a soapbox about, it seems that family history is indeed a very expensive hobby,we get ripped off/ fleeced whatever you want to call it, to me a lot of this info should be free, ok you expect to pay for BMD certs, but some yearly subs and also the 1911 census I suspect are so expensive I too have lost credits because I didn't use them in time :mad: :)

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

They must be making an absolute fortune on the 1911 census. I wonder how much they have made and not all of the country has been released yet.

Ben

JMR

Valued Member
That's really bad luck Steve!

Why don't you send Find my Past and email (and grovel a bit) saying that given the slowness of the site to begin with and being denied accessed so many times, because too may people were accessing it, you ran out of credits which you would dearly love to have recredited because you're budget for your hobby is tight!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained I always think!!

I must check mine, I thought I had a year to use them!!! What the heck, the site only went live last week, that's a very unfair system.

Cheers,
Jill

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
That's really bad luck Steve!

Why don't you send Find my Past and email (and grovel a bit) saying that given the slowness of the site to begin with and being denied accessed so many times, because too may people were accessing it, you ran out of credits which you would dearly love to have recredited because you're budget for your hobby is tight!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained I always think!!

I must check mine, I thought I had a year to use them!!! What the heck, the site only went live last week, that's a very unfair system.

Cheers,
Jill
Hi Jill,
I won't say which site it was, but I don't need nor want to use them now. Plenty of other places to go to, and more user friendly.
It was my fault, but I still can't come up with a reason other than profiteering. They can still place their site where the sun don't shine.:rolleyes:

I'm still smiling, :) but just hate people being ripped off.:mad: This is just to make absent minded people like me, remember to use all their credits, and not have them 'stolen'.

Steve.:) :)

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Sorry Steve

I'd just made the assumption that you had lost your money on the 1911 census site. My mistake!!!! Apologies to FMP.

Cheers,
Jill
No apologies needed Jill,:p I am just having a bit of a rant.
Some sites we use, can run away with your money. So I'm just saying to all be careful, especially newbies like me.

Steve.:) :)

JMR

Valued Member
You're right Ben, it is addictive. I can't believe how fast 25 pounds worth of credits got gobbled up!

I have to say though that there is a thread on RootsChat where people are posting some very innovative ways of searching the 1911 census so that you can find out a lot of information without having to download the transcript. It's definitely worth a look. I can't believe how clever some people are at beating the system.

Me, I'm down to my last 30 credits, so now I'm going to apply some of their strategies and see what else I can find out free!!!

Cheers,
Jill

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
You're right Ben, it is addictive. I can't believe how fast 25 pounds worth of credits got gobbled up!

I have to say though that there is a thread on RootsChat where people are posting some very innovative ways of searching the 1911 census so that you can find out a lot of information without having to download the transcript. It's definitely worth a look. I can't believe how clever some people are at beating the system.

Me, I'm down to my last 30 credits, so now I'm going to apply some of their strategies and see what else I can find out free!!!

Cheers,
Jill

Power to the people.

Steve.:)