• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

lost emma peen need help to find

emma peen,???
Born 1839 father john hann peen mother sarah pickering, she married william hopkins 1858 I would love to find out if she had children and their names and what part of england they lived or if they migrated to another country any information would be greatful

thanking you raemondy:)

gibbo

Loyal Member
emma peen,???
Born 1839 father john hann peen mother sarah pickering, she married william hopkins 1858 I would love to find out if she had children and their names and what part of england they lived or if they migrated to another country any information would be greatful

thanking you raemondy:)
Hi,
I had a look on familysearch and what info is on there seems to be what you already have. Maybe put a post in the census forum for the years 1861 and 1871 for Emma and William and see if any children are at the same address as them, it will state son or daughter so you will know if they are their kids. good luck.

gibbo

BraisherT

Let's start with the marriage details. Parish reg:

1858 30 May Woolwich, Kent.
William Hopkins (signed), under age, bach, gun-smith of Sandy Hill. Emma Jane Peen (signed), under age, sp, of Sandy Hill. Fathers: William Hopkins, mariner and John Peen, fire work maker.
Witnesses James Pickering (mark) and Jane? James? Doram? Illeg. scrawl followed by 'x'.

Will now look for census records (easier now we have an occupation)

BraisherT

1871 census: William Hopkins age 10 living same address as above, with grandparents John and Sarah and their son John. No sign of Emma or William, although there are quite a few William Hopkins, so didn't look at them all to see occupations.

Son William is possibly a manservant in 1881 census (altho this is just the best match ancestry throws up, there are other candidates of course): William A Hopkins, 20, born Plumstead, general domestic servant for tea merchant Henry S Bartleet, Eltham, London.