• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Lost in a sea of Parrys and Roberts

BraisherT

Hi. I'm a beginner, trying to find parents for John Parry (b. abt 1815 Whitford) and his wife Gwen Roberts (b. abt 1816, place illegible, see below).

I think I've tracked him down to a John Parry born 16 Feb 1814 to Joseph and Eliza Parry (only two John Parrys in IGI for Whitford in 1814 or 15, and someone on ancestry has the other one in a different tree). I thought I might be able to find Gwen and John's marriage certificate to fill in the blank for her place of birth (and confirm that I have the right birth for him)...but there are so many Parrys and Roberts that finding a match without either place or year seems impossible from the indexes.

Any ideas? Any Welsh handwriting experts think they can decipher the census record for Gwen (Class: HO107; Piece: 2500; Folio: 136; Page: 10; GSU roll: 104264-104265) and come up with a place of birth? The transcriber has it Mantury, Merionethshire, which I don't *think* exists.

All suggestions gratefully received!
Tamsin
in NZ