• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

lost years for my grandmother

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hello

I know my grandmother was born in 1909 and raised in Langwith. When i first started tracing her where abouts the first i have been able to find her is in 1935 in Keyworth. I dont know where to start looking to find her before then. I have written to different libraries and archives for the Langwith area to see if she is on the electoral register for the years before 1935 at her families home address but the archives are sending my emails back and forward to each other, no one seems to know who holds the registers for Langwith. There home address was 310 French Terrace Langwith, would anyone know who i can write to and to the best of my knowledge the family, Shipman, lived there from the early 1900 to 1950's. Myself and my head would apprieciate some advice. Thanks
Gibbo

nainmaddie

Loyal Member
Hi Gibbo
I have just tried Google for Langwith and came up with site for
www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk

On their site they have Langwith see Norton Cuckney then
you might have to look under Cuckney or Norton. They also tell you on the right of the page how to go about asking for the information. It does cost for the research but might be cheaper than travelling there.

Hope this might be some help.
Maddie

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Gibbo

Was she the one who married a Hale as I know you were asking about a Mary Hale nee Shipman on the electoral register requests.

Ben

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hello

well i got some more emails back from different archives and libraries saying they have passed my quiry onto the nottinghamshire archives. Sounds llike Nottingham is going to get a LOT of emails about the same request from the same person. Maybe they will send me the info to get me out of their hair or put a bann on me.:2fun: I will see what they say when they get back to me.
thanks all
gibbo

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi Ben

Yep that's the one. Mary Hale nee Shipman my grandmother. The years im looking for in this post she would have still been Shipman.

gibbo