• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

lost...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heya all,

Well where do i start...
I have been building my family tree and have been doing quite well however my grandfather(Rhoderick Buchanan Dowie) emergrated to Christchurch new zealand in 1963 when my mother was 6weeks old well now i have been doing so well building my tree im very curious to know what happend on his side of the family however i cant find anything on him on the electoral rolls that ive seen for new zealand,
Ive found a couple of old adrresses for his dad John Graham Buchanan Dowie and even his sister Elaine Graham Roberts Buchanan Dowie but nothing beyond 1981..It seems every avenue i try i keep comming to a block,
I'd like to know if there is anyone here that could offer some advice as to finding out what happend to him and his family or what they may have done/be doing with there life?
So looking through i can see john graham buchanan dowie died in 1994 wich i can now add to my family tree
Does anyone know how i may if possible be able to track either his son Rhoderic buchanan Dowie or his daughter Elaine graham roberts buchanan dowie? as it is like they have disapeared off the face of the earth i found an old electrole address for elaine but nothing after 1978 and i cant sem to find any record of either Rhoderick or Elaine marrying,
Ive looked for Dowie Deaths in newzealand from 63'-2011 but have only came accross John Graham dowies death cert,so one would assume they have not died? However i cant seem to view non historic marriages only historic,i think its because im in the uk.
i cant find anything for any of them after 1981 on electrol roles wich was john Grahams address is it possible im just not going to find anything more recent or they just don't vote etc? either that or im not looking in the right places wich is highly likely knowing me,:S
Thanks again for your help guys,