• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Love this photo

gibbo

Loyal Member
These are my great grandparents on their way to church in 1913. My aunt sent through a whole heap of photos for me and there all great but i have taken a liken to this one, thought i would share it.

Last edited:
Hi Sandy

I love old photos as you know. Its a pity your photo is not a bit clearer to really see the clothes they wore. I wonder who the child is. I hope you'll put some more good ones in your album.

dave

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi Sandy

I love old photos as you know. Its a pity your photo is not a bit clearer to really see the clothes they wore. I wonder who the child is. I hope you'll put some more good ones in your album.

dave
Hi Dave,
Most of them will be going into my album tomorrow. I have been sorting them out this arvo and having a ton of fun looking through them:biggrin:
The child was my great aunt and she died when she was only 19. I dont know how she died, thats something i must ask my aunt when im talking to her next.

gibbo

Loyal Member
Love it Gibbo :) Could be your new "best ever avatar" maybe ;)
Hi Woody,
Yeah i really need to do something about my avie:rolleyes: That was funny at first but its boring now. That photo wont be any good for a avie i dont think, once its made smaller it would be to hard to see. I'll have to go through them again and see if i can find one that would work ok as a avie.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Wonder what they did back then once they had lots of kids .. trade that buggy in for a bigger one:confused: Did they have buggy car yards then? :confused:
I think they'd have traded it in for a bigger wagon. That 'Trap', was more day trip thing I think, and easier to handle with just one horse.:)
There was sometimes a small bench type seat behind, where people could sit, but traveled with their back to the horse.

Does make you think though.

Hi everyone,

I've just joined today. :) and wanted to upload a photo to ask for help to identify the clothing people are wearing to try and determine the era. However, there isn't a 'Manage Attachments' button anywhere.
I'm trying to post using 'New Post' or 'New Thread' as stated in the FAQ

Is it because I'm new to the forum?

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post!

Thanks
Marilyn

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi everyone,

I've just joined today. :) and wanted to upload a photo to ask for help to identify the clothing people are wearing to try and determine the era. However, there isn't a 'Manage Attachments' button anywhere.
I'm trying to post using 'New Post' or 'New Thread' as stated in the FAQ

Is it because I'm new to the forum?

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post!

Thanks
Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

This link might help explain it all for you.

http://www.forum.familyhistory.uk.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachments

When i have written what i want on a thread and wish to add a attachment i just scroll downward from my new thread, and it has additional options, manage attachments is included in that section. "additional options" is below the submit reply button.
If you still have problems just yell out and someone will help advise you further.

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello Marilyn

What computer and operating system are you using? Seems some combinations don't allow attachments to be uploaded and that button below the edit box does not appear.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave

I've just gone in to reply to you and now the attachment clip is there!

I went into my 'Your Control Panel', Settings and Options/Edit Options and then changed from Standard Editor to Enhanced Interface under the Miscellaneous Options (Message Editor Interface).

Thanks for the quick reply and trying to help, but this seems to have fixed it.

Cheers
Marilyn:)

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello Marilyn,

Glad it's fixed but that is curious too. I'm using the Standard Editor and I have the paper clip icon and the button below the edit box.

I must see what it's like with some different browsers. Several members have had problems and the solution in those cases didn't involve changing the editor.

Regards,

Dave