• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Lucy Taylor Waterloo Sydney

gibbo

Loyal Member
This could be a possible death for her, only states father's name tho.

11913/1896
MOON LUCY
father WILLIAM
mother UNKNOWN
district WATERLOO

I cant find a birth for her, her birth may not have been registered or she may have been born in England maybe.

This could be a possible death for her, only states father's name tho.

11913/1896
MOON LUCY
father WILLIAM
mother UNKNOWN
district WATERLOO

I cant find a birth for her, her birth may not have been registered or she may have been born in England maybe.
Gibbo, i think that might be the right one, as there were only 2 Lucy Taylors and both had fathers William,one lot were free settlers and one lot were convicts.

Option one
William Taylor wife Frances of Ticehurst Sussex with children Lucy and sibling arrived Aust on ship Palmyra 1838, Lucy's age at time 12. so this will fit.

Option two
William Taylor wife Catharine Hogan, William convict and Wife possibly one too, had daughter Lucy B 1837, which would fit too.

I think First one, but how to tell?

Oz

gibbo

Loyal Member
The only way i can think of to confirm anything is Lucy's marriage cert, it would have her parents names on it.
I have seen the passenger list for the option 1 and was wondering about it. Have you seen it?

The only way i can think of to confirm anything is Lucy's marriage cert, it would have her parents names on it.
I have seen the passenger list for the option 1 and was wondering about it. Have you seen it?

Yes i have seen it, the only problem i had with this Lucy was that she would have been 26 when married, woman seemed to marry younger than that in those days.

The other mob seemed to settle at Narellan for a while,This Lucy would have been 15 at time of marriage, so i think i've answered my own question, would have preffered this one tho, giving me 2 more convicts,alas not this time.

Thank you Gibbo.

Oz

Last edited: