• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Lympic Games

duckweed

Loyal Member
I was sitting waiting for husband and got talking to woman waiting for her husband.

"Have you been watching the Olympics?" I said I had.
"I can't be doing with that game with all the sand." she said "But I liked watching them cycling in that pallindrome."

duckweed

Loyal Member
That's exactly what my husband said when I told him.
Did you hear about the guy who was threatened with prosecution because his cafe was called the Olympic cafe. He had called it that for about 20 years. He just removed the O. Next they will be prosecuting the Greeks for having a mount Olympus.

leefer

Loyal Member
I was sitting waiting for husband and got talking to woman waiting for her husband.

"Have you been watching the Olympics?" I said I had.
"I can't be doing with that game with all the sand." she said "But I liked watching them cycling in that pallindrome."
Like it.

A bit like my Grandaughter Sophie who peddled her bike unatended for the first time last week and rang me to say......GRANDAD,GRANDAD......i dont need the stapleizers any more!...:biggrin:

That's exactly what my husband said when I told him.
Did you hear about the guy who was threatened with prosecution because his cafe was called the Olympic cafe. He had called it that for about 20 years. He just removed the O. Next they will be prosecuting the Greeks for having a mount Olympus.
Don't know if you are pulling my leg on this last one but there is a huge knitting community call Ravelry and in honor of the Olympics they were recommending that everyone do some sort of project in competition for the Ravolympics. They actually did get charged by the Olympic Committee for the name and for "demeaning" the spirit of the Olympics. The knitter changed the name to the Ravhellenic Games but also got an apology from the Olympic Committee. Not good to take on a group having several thousand members all of whom carry around sharp pointy sticks.

duckweed

Loyal Member
I'm not pulling your leg.

I wanted to have an Olympic picnic based on 1908 Olympics but was advised by the Cultural Olympiad people that I could not use the title Olympic Picnic even if I was part of the Cultural Olympiad ie arts festivals connected with London 2012.