• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Mabel BURNS

KiwiPete

Well Val, thanks for that and yes it does tie in together.
Mary Ann’s maiden name ties with Toms middle name (although I did once see a reference to Tom S Burns I put that down to a transcription error) and the fact that on the 1911 UK Census they were in Crosby Maryport, Cumberland also matches as Tom was born in Crosby in 1892.
I wonder if Olive became an entertainer?

No sign of definitive birthdates for Olive or Gladys or marriage details/husbands/children for them??

If we strike any luck with that then we might end up moving to the “Private &Sensitive” Forum before too long as we might run into living souls...

Pete

KiwiPete

Ok time for an update on what I now have....between Tom and Mabel, they had three children who I am now trying to follow down the line but it seems to be one of those periods where although the information gathering processes had improved, the storage processes still needed working on. So have the following information on the three:

Olive May BURNS b.1916 - in Coleman, Canada.
She married Patrick MURPHY (date unknown) and together they had two sons...

- Thomas (Tommy) born 1938 – went on to marry Margaret ULANSKI and had 3 kids
- Terry born 1943 – went on to marry Sandra ORNISTON and 3 children too.

Gladys Marjorie BURNS born 1919 in Coleman, Canada.
She married Art MANIFOLD (date unknown) and together they had two children...

- Larry born 1943 – went on to marry Lorna CULLIMORE
- Donna born 1944 – no history found on Donna...

John Albert BURNS born 1922 (possibly also in Coleman) Canada.
He married Marcella (Marce) MORAN (date unknown) and together they had three children...

- Daniel Allen BURNS b.1947 – went on to marry Maureen PARTIAK and had two sons?
- Ronald Garry BURNS b.1949 – went on to marry Rita SANDT
- Kenneth Raymond BURNS b.1950 – went on to marry Cindy LESTAGE

Am scouring Vancouver to try and find further details of Mabels death in 1992 which may give me some sort of family linkage.

Can I have help in identifying when/where any resultant children were born and what became of the parents/ children?

Thanks,

calliek

I had look for you but didn't come up with anything new. The problem with Canadian records is that there's very little for the Prairie provinces (Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta) online past the 1916 census. Whether those records exist but haven't been digitized, or are available in person, I can't say. Canadian records in general are held for a long time before being released- the 1921 census was only just released recently- we won't see the 1931 released until 2023 and the last of the 3 'special' census for the prairie provinces taken in 1926 will be released in 2018.