• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

MacInnis/Galbraith again...

tranquil9903

I was just going through old e-mails that I had saved and came across one I think I overlooked.First let me tell you that my Scottish ancestry research in NovaScotia comes from VitalStatistics,Censuses and also from a book called "The History of Christmas Island Parish" by Archibald J. MacKenzie.According to everything I can find my GGG grandfather was Michael MacInnis m. Catherine Galbraith (which I have stated beforeredf)probably a few times).Here is what I need help with this time;according to this overlooked e-mail ;
Michael MacInnis andCatherine Galbraith were married in Sandray,Parish of Barra,Scotland (not sure of a date)
Michael & Catherine' children that were recorded are
baptized 1807,Oct.11,John MacInnis,at Sandray
" " 1812,Oct.18,Stephen MacInnis,at Sandray
" " 1817,Mar.23,Catherine MacInnis,at Sandray
but the info I have, states that they had a 5yr.old son (named Neil) when they emmigrated in 1817.Could Neil and Stephen be the same person?I don't think so but would like another opinion.Also, I wonder why I can't find anything on Michael' father,supposedly one Rory MacInnis(I have found absolutely no mention of Michael' mother or Catherine' parents.

Any and all thoughts welcome ,Joslyn:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaveHam9 1891 Census Request 47
tranquil9903 Marriages 0
tranquil9903 Births 1