• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

MAHON Michael b.1847 Tipperary

From
New Zealand
Michael Mahon born ? Cloughjordan, c1847 married Mary Treacy in the Roman Catholic Chapel, Clonakenny 1878. Had 11 children born in Stoneyacre, Cloughjordan. Seeking records of Michael and Mary. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hello otakiri,

2 matches for the search criteria: Mahon Michael 1845-1849
Action Source Surname First Name Year County
Church Baptism Mahon Michael 1847 Co. Tipperary
Church Baptism Mahon Michael 1846 Co. Tipperary

I will check now if they are both RC and find the parish.

1 match for the search criteria: Mahon Michael 1846-1848 Parish: CLOUGHJORDAN (RC)
Action Source Surname First Name Year County
Church Baptism Mahon Michael 1847 Co. Tipperary

Regards,

Dave

Hello otakiri,

I can't find the marriage so far but I found this:

Name: Catherine Mahon
Baptism/Christening Date:
Baptism/Christening Place:
Birth Date: 19 Oct 1879
Birthplace: Cloughjordan, Borrisokane, Tipperary, Ireland
Death Date:
Name Note:
Race:
Father's Name: Michael Mahon
Father's Birthplace:
Father's Age:
Mother's Name: Mary Neacy
Mother's Birthplace:
Mother's Age:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I07849-1
System Origin: Ireland-EASy
Source Film Number: 256040
Reference Number: v3 p351 rn59
Collection: Ireland Births and Baptisms, 1620-1881

Regards,

Dave

Dave, thanks for your quick response. I see you highlit Michael's spouse as Neacy, I also came across that but have kept with Treacy as there were Treacys living in Stoneyacre at the time of Mary and Michael and Treacy is recorded on the Marriage cert of Catherine, my Grandmother. I seem to have hit the wall with details of Michael and Mary. Once again thanks from a neighbour across the ditch! Kath.

Hello Kath,

I highlighted it because I noticed it was different. Go with the other spelling if it crops up more often. I get so frustrated searching Irish records, not just because I know so many are missing because of the 1922 fire but because so much seems to be missing from the Civil Registration records in 1860s & 1870s. I have Victorian death and marriage certificates and shipping records that give birth date and place and I can't find the records. Not in some tiny village but in Dublin 1861. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Dave

Dave, you're a busy man! Thanks again. I'm new at this Irish digging and I'm frustrated so I'll spare a thought for those been at it years!. Kath

Hello Kath,

I have the full date of birth of three children of my GG grandfather in Co Down and I know both parent's names but can't find any of the births. So both of my Irish lines, HAMILTON & BLACKLEY are brick walls in 1830s. Something to expect researching in Ireland. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Dave

Back