• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Margaret and William Brickley

Julie, I have tried to progess my family beyond the mid 1600's and have failed. The overwhelming annecdote is that the Brickley's are indeed Irish, and perhaps arrived in the Telford area (as protestants or quakers). I was interested in your connection of Brickley and Ireland, and wondered where in Ireland you have traced them.

regards Peter Brickley

Hi JulieJTP,
Margaret and William Brickley are in my partner's family tree. They are his gggg grandparents. Margaret's surname before marriage was Hand and she was born around Spain or Portugal during the Napoleonic Wars. Her father was a soldier.
My partner is descended from their son, another William Brickley, who married Amelia Langridge (nee Newell) and the family emigrated to Australia in 1885. I would love to share further information on this family.
Marilyn

Julie,

I'm being stupid, probably.... but Civil parish Mile End Old Town is London, is that right? Do you have any Brickley connections back to Ireland?

regards Peter [Brickley]

William Brickley head age 64 occ labourer born Ireland
Margaret wife age 59 born at sea

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello Paul,
Glad to see you are related to my partner. I have one photo of Alice Maud and poor quality ones of Jack Lee and William James Lee. My mother in law remembers Rita Berkeley (actually Brickley). Are you descended from Lawrence Valentine Clyde Kelly? It is a complicated family. My partner is descended from Alice Maud's sister, Margaret Jane Berkeley (Brickley). I have a wonderful photo of her. There is a very sad story in the life of William James. Do you know it?
Marilyn