• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Margaret Jean Cranston born 20 Jan 1932, London.

Hi guys, I think pigs may fly before we find this birth but worth a try.
Margaret Jean Cranston said to have been born 20 Jan 1932 in London according to her immigration, death and travel records to the USA. She had several marriages, the first to Dennis A Rix in 1948, Kings Lynn, Norfolk which seems to have come to an untidy end as at some time she tok up with a guy named Bills but I can't find a marriage. They had a child in 1955 with mmn Cranston but before the child was born this happened......

NOTICE is hereby given that by a Deed Poll dated the 28th day of January, 1955, and duly enrolled in the Supreme Court of Judicature on the 1st day of February, 1955, MARGARET BiLLS of 3, Queen Mary Road, Gaywood, King's Lynn, in the county of Norfolk, Feme Sole, a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies by birth, renouncedand abandoned the surname of Rix.

The next episode she marry's again under the name Bills.
Marriages Dec 1955
BILLS Margaret BURCHFIELD King's L. 4b 1147
BURCHFIELD Billy R BILLS King's L. 4b 1147

Billy Ray Burchfield was in the US army, they had several children and eventually moved to the USA. At some time that marriage broke up and Margaret married yet again.

Name: Margaret Cranston. Female Residence State: California

Spouse: Francis G Scheller. Spouse Residence State: California

Marriage Date: 6 Mar 1977. Marriage City: Reno.

Officiant Type: Religious celebrant.

Recorded Date: 31 Mar 1977.

Margaret died in 1986.

Name: Margaret Jean Scheller. [Margaret Jean Cranston]

Birth Date: 20 Jan 1932

Birth Place: Other Country

Death Date: 26 Nov 1986

Death Place: San Francisco

Mother's Maiden Name: Cranston

Father's Surname: Cranston

We are awaiting the marriage cert. to Dennis A Rix but I am not holding much hope as to her parents, she does'nt seem to appear on the 1939 any where. So basically we are looking for her birth.
Thanks.