• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Margaret MALCOLM

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello,

Name: Margaret Malcolm
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1820
Relationship: Head
born: Largs, Ayrshire
Registration Number: 602
Registration district: Largs, Ayrshire
Address: Wilson Street
ED: 4
Household schedule number: 98
Line: 9
Roll: CSSCT1861_88
Margaret Malcolm 41
John M Hill 11
Death 1868 Margaret MALCOLM Clyde, Lanark Age 48 ???

There are two other posible deaths in Lanark after 1868 born 1820 +/- 3

I don't think Margaret married.

John M (=Malcolm) HILL informant to death of Margaret's brother John in 1904. John was living at 6 Broompark Drive Dennistoun and listed as a nephew.

Regards,

Dave

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
That makes three of us. :2fun:

I'm not sure that my Margaret died in Clyde.

We might be able to eliminate the other two Margarets if both can be found in Lanark in 1871 and neither were born Largs.

I presume John is a son but given the name HILL so please see if you can find him in 1871. Thanks. Not to be confused with a John Hill MALCOLM.

barbarajoh

Loyal Member
Staff member
Not even going to try and copy and paste but he is in renfrew, a railway clerk aged 21 born Kargs, Ayrshire And living at 4 Hairst Street, Renfrew

nephew to William Malcolm 45
Janet Carmichael 45
Margaret Carmichael 16

William is a baker born "Kargs" too and Janet is his wife. Margaret is a niece born Paisley

ED5 103 CSSCT1871_104

Barbara

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello Barbara,

Thank you very much. I have William b. abt 1826 in my tree, brother of Margaret but all I had was 'died after 1841' so he is another one I'll have to fill in when I get back.

Is the text single spaced when in Notepad? But appears double spaced when pasted here? Try the Shift+Ctrl+V to paste here if you have not already.

Barbara, are you using Firefox?

I'm off now. Back Saturday.

Regards,

Dave

Last edited:

barbarajoh

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Dave,
No, not using Firefox. And it is double space in notepad too. I can just about manage to make it look normal if I copy and paste to my emails. The heading is way off but the rest looks okay. But why has it suddenly happened?

Barbara

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello Barbara,

It's a curious one. Did you change browser or some font setting around the time this started to happen?

I've searched and can find ways to make it happen but can't explain why Shift+Ctrl+V does not remove the extra formatting.

Check that wordwrap is turned on in Notepad.

Regards,

Dave

Last edited: