• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Margaret Thomson - maiden name

From
Scotland
One of my ancestors Margaret Thomson is shown on the 1901 census as living at 39 Kennet, Clackmannan, Scotland. Her husband is shown as David Thomson and they have 6 children listed.
I would like to find out when and where they married and when and where she died.

The best way to get this information is to obtain one of the children's births from Scotlandspeople. It will cost you but not very much and you will get the parent's marriage and the mother's name from this as well. Once you know her maiden name you can then search for her death record. You know from the census where each child was born and the year should be quite accurate up to 1 year as they were having children every two years so pick a child and find her birth.

Let me know if you need further help.

Barbara

possible match in USA census, wat are the childrens names? theres also a Mary born c1897 on this one!

parents: David Thompson,‚Äč Maggie Thompson

name: John Thompson
birthplace: Scotland
relationship to head of household: Son
residence: Pictou, Huerfano, Colorado
marital status: Single
race : White
immigration year: 1905
father's birthplace: Scotland
mother's birthplace: Scotland
family number: 98
page number: 33