• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Maria Elizabeth Girling please

lighty

From
England
As posted on 1891 census forum, She was born 1881 Brampton Suffolk, i would be very interested to know were Maria was in 1901.

Maria did not marry until 1910, although she had a daughter Margaret in 1907, i have Margarets birth cert, no father, she was born in "The Red House" Bulcamp-cum Blyburgh, Blything Suffolk, so wanting to know what "The Red House" was (although i had a feeling what place it was), i looked it up on the internet, yes it was what i thought a workhouse, Maria would have been 26 when she had Margaret, she probably went on to have more children with whom she married, ( i looked it up it was either a Henry or Harry Stone, it had both names down).

Harry/Henry Stone did not adopt Margaret, when Margaret married in 1926 her name was Girling.
So i wonder if Maria had anymore children before Margaret, How interesting, no wonder it's addictive, never get my housework done :).

Thanks
Lighty.

Hi Lighty
I have searched the 1901 Census for the above and cannot find her any where.
Sorry, someone else might find her for you. I use G......y

Maddie

Hi,
She was still living with her parents and brothers John, Frederick and Thomas at The Street, Brampton in 1901.
There was one other addition to the family though. A grandson, David Girling ,aged 1 born London.
Looks to me as though Margaret may have had an older (half?) brother!

Emeltee

He was born in London. :confused: woo the plot thickens. wonder why she was in London, she was probably a servant there, wouldn't surprise me if she had other children, fathers probably the head of the house.
On Margarets birth cert she was at the time a domestic servant.

Thanks Emeltee and Maddie

Lighty.

Back