• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

    Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

    Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

    Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

    Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Marriages - UK

Not open for further replies.


Loyal Member
Staff member
Nottingham, England.
1837 to now
GRO has all the records registered in England and Wales from July 1837.
You can order birth, adoption, marriage, civil partnership and death certificates online for £9.25 each (Currently 2018).

You don’t need a certificate’s GRO index reference number to make an order, but it will make the process much easier and faster.
You can order PDFs of historical birth and death certificates online for £6 (Currently 2018) each, but please remember that a PDF is not “evidential”.

Click here to see FHUK main website for further information sophiadoolittlemarriagecert.jpg

Before 1837
If you need to trace back earlier than 1837, then you will need to use Parish Registers (and a number of other sources) to trace back for records before 1837, then you will have to turn to Parish Registers (and other records for Scotland & Ireland). You will usually find parish registers at the local County Record office, or, if you have access to the Internet, at websites such as:

Link 1
Link 2
Last edited:
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads