• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Mary Ann Hayes marriage

jen2

Valued Member
Trying to find a marriage for Mary Ann Hayes born abt 1830 Yarmouth England. Believed to of married a Alexander McKenna, but have been unable to confirm.
If true they had a daughter Mary born abt 1855 who migrated to Australia.
Any help would be appreciated

Jen

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello Jen,

1876/C014 Turner John - McKenna Mary

Death ??
1878/C0452 John Turner - - ** born Scotland aged about 36 years
1878/C2528 John Turner - - ** born Scotland aged 36 years

1878/C712 Bourne George - Turner Mary

Death 1900/C2149 Mary Bourne - Alexand

Ok, I'm not much help so far. :D

I can't find the marriage in England. Lots of possible births for Mary Ann including:

Births Dec 1857
McKenna Mary Ann Tynemouth 10b 139

Last edited:

jen2

Valued Member
Dave
Found some more information but still cannot confirm.. Mary Anne supposedly married a John Hayes (born 1826) then married Alexander McKenna. I have not been able to find her first marriage.
Sorry if I am confusing you.

Jen

oznannie

Loyal Member
Hi Jen and peeps
1881 census has a Mary Ann Hayes 51yrs bn Yarmouth living with John D (Dunn) Hayes
31 St Nicholas Rd, also John A 26, Walter C 17, Wm D 10yrs.
1861 & 1871 available.
1901 she's 71 own means widow in Yarmouth.
The tree listed in Anx is full of wrong info for sure.
she's supposed to have married Alex McKenna 1884 and also married John Hayes the same year???
She was still alive in 1911 living with her son (Walter) and his family in Yarmouth, as Hayes.

Marr John Dunn Hayes to Mary Ann Bensley Yarmouth sept qtr4 1854.

Ozn