• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

mary ann jefferson/rothwell

jack

Please can someone do a lookup for me in 1841.
I need to locate Mary Ann Rothwell, or will be under her married surname of Jefferson.
She was born 1812, Liverpool.
She got married in 1845 to a George Bowes Taylor.
She was possibly married previously to a Mr Jefferson who died.
I can't find her marriage to Jefferson, so not sure which year she married him.

Regards
Jackie

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Jackie,

There are 38 Mary Rothwells on the 1841 census years of birth varying from 1809-1817 county Lancashire 2 born abt 1811 living in the civil parish of Liverpool.

2 Mary Jeffersons both born abt 1816 1 living in the civil parish of Blakburn, the other civil parish of Manchester, county Lancashire.

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member

civil parish Liverpool, registration district Liverpool sub reg district St. Martin

Mary Rothwell age 70
Mary Rothwell age 30
Agnes? Rotherwell age 20

All born in county

The other one when looking at the census image her age is 1 but her year of birth had been transcribed as abt 1811

jack

You won first prize! Many many thanks for all your hard work. You have been absolutely great The marriage details are a great help for me. It has so much information. Do you think we could find Mary now by looking for her father William in the 1841 census? I wish I could search myself, but exchange rate makes it very difficult.

Regards
Jackie

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Jackie,

Looked again the the 1841 census William may have passed away by then as not been able to find a William Rothwell with Mary Ann Rothwell/Jefferson together.

jack

Hi Julie,
Where is Blackburn in relation to Everton? Is it far? Could the one Mary Jefferson you found in 1841 be my Mary Ann?

"2 Mary Jeffersons both born abt 1816 1 living in the civil parish of Blakburn, the other civil parish of Manchester, county Lancashire"

Regards
Jackie