• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Mary Ann Rawson

Hi,
Realize its a long time since I last posted because my family history research has had to take a back seat though how to research a historic person's life is proved a very useful skill. At present I am trying to help a friend who after finding out the grave of her hero found that the whole graveyard is about to be bulldozed and turned into a carpark if she and her friends can't find the money to but it off the present owners. It is an amazing little place in an area of Sheffield that is sadly neglected. Mary Ann Rawson was friends of Wilberforce but unlike Wilberforce he carried on because she didn't just want the trade to stop she wanted slavery to stop. Please help if you can or pass on to someone you might know can help. There are very few days left but the amount of money is not huge so I live in hope that this monument can be saved.
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/ziongraveyardattercliffe?utm_id=106&utm_term=VZxe4kN36