• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Mary Russell

Ladybird1300

Loyal Member
Staff member
Well I finally solved one brick wall now I have another one. Mary Russell was born in Whitechapel c1795 she married Henry Farmer in 1815 at St Leonard Shoreditch, I've looked at all the baptisms but can't be sure which one is her. I have all their information after their marriage except I never found them in the 1861 census that may also be useful.

FYI: Just recently I put a thread on here about Chalfont St Peter where Henry's ancestor Christopher Farmer was living in the 17th century. Christopher married a Martha Russell in London in 1689. I have a suspicion Mary was related to Martha somehow, but to go to Chalfont St Peter from Whitechapel isn't easy especially as there is a hundred years between Martha and Mary. :rolleyes:
Don't know if it's helpful but Martha's twin was also Mary and they were b c1666. Mary married a Mr Bigg but they didn't have any children and their older brother John died young with no issue.

Many thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaveHam9 Australia & New Zealand Genealogy Roots 33
DaveHam9 Deaths 6
DaveHam9 Births 6
DaveHam9 Scottish Genealogy Roots 25
L Certificates 3
Ladybird1300 Births 3