• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

McGrane family from Liverpool

hi all

hi everyone
i have just joined up today as i have decided to have a go at
tracing my family tree,i am from liverpool so i am hoping anybody
who knows anything about the mcgrane family from that area to let me know.

if anyone knows any information on the mcgrane name i would be glad
to here from them.

thanks
chris

Website
www.nryonline.co.uk
Re: hi all

Welcome to the forum! I'm fairly new the the forum myself, but if you get stuck or need advice on where to look/what to look for there's some good people on here who will be glad to help you!

Becky

Hi, Both my father and Gradfather were called Christopher McGrane and lived in the Liverpool area. My Grandfather were born in Ireland and my father in Liverpool.

my grandad was form Ireland too. so was a lot of my family. do you know if you had a granmother called mary.

i know my uncles john and gary are both mcgranes. there from lancashire but i know they have all lived in liverpool and blackpool. but im not sure where they where born

my grandad was form Ireland too. so was a lot of my family. do you know if you had a granmother called mary.

i know my uncles john and gary are both mcgranes. there from lancashire but i know they have all lived in liverpool and blackpool. but im not sure where they where born
My grandmather was Cecelia and my grandfathers brother was Joseph. They were all born in Dublin near O'Connel street. It sounds like yours is a diferent family but interesting to find so many Christopher McGranes!

Re: McGrane family

I know the date of this Thread is quite old, but I have recently been trying to search people and relatives from my family tree.

I do know that some of my family moved to liverpool, and the names in this thread don't seem co-incidental.

Chris your family members i.e your uncles that you mentioned are the same names as mine.

Michael Mcgrane is my Father, I have an Uncle Chris Mcgrane (his brother)
Uncle Gary (Warburton) Uncle Kevin (Warburton) And Uncle John who is also a Warburton I think.

Do you have sisters called merriam and Rachel Mcgrane?

I know the date of this Thread is quite old, but I have recently been trying to search people and relatives from my family tree.

I do know that some of my family moved to liverpool, and the names in this thread don't seem co-incidental.

Chris your family members i.e your uncles that you mentioned are the same names as mine.

Uncle Gary (Warburton) Uncle Kevin (Warburton) And Uncle John who is also a Warburton I think.

yeah i do, so that makes you my cousin.

Hi,

My father is christopher mcgrane and my little brother also is called chris mcgrane, his half sisters are called marium and rachel mcgrane.

So is my father your uncle?

trace

Valued Member
1911 Census for McGrane in Liverpool

19 Hawke St
Catherine widow 76 b Ireland Castle Blaney 4 children, 1 living, 3 died

105 Latimer St
Nicholas 58 b Dublin
Jane 52 b Staffs
Mary 22 b L'pool
Elizabeth 16 b L'pool
married 32yrs, 7 children born alive, 5 alive, 2 died