• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

McLauchlan/MacLachlane, Perthshire

Website
ancestralsearch.proboards101.com
Would like help please on finding parents & siblings of my John McLauchlan born 1801, Dunkeld, Perthshire (Born Dunkeld from 1851 census)

John McL (listed as farm servant in Parish of Couper Angus married Marjorie Milne (from Parish of Cargill) in the Parish of Coupar Angus on 26 Dec. 1824.

10 Dec. 1825 their first child Ann was born & baptised 18 Dec, by Rev. William Thomson, Minister of the Middle Church Parish.
Born Curfew Row, St. Pauls Church Parish, Perth. Where was
St.Pauls Church Parish...anyone know.

11 Aug. 1828 son John was born. Baptised 24 Aug. by the Rev. William Thomson, Minister of Middle Church Parish, Perth.

12 Sept 1831 daughter Mey born Baptised 23 Sept. by Rev. Mr Touch, Minister of Middle Church Parish, Perth.

3 June 1836 son William born. Baptised 12 June bt Rev. Dr. William Thomson, Minister of Middle Church Parish, Perth.
Born Pomarium West Church Parish, Perth 3 June 1836. (my g.grandfather).

2 Feb. 1839. son James born. I believe in St. Martins Perthshire.
=======
1831 the family lived at Hillyland NE outskirts of Perth.
1836 they were on Friarton or Moncrieffe Island in the River Tay SE of the Burgh.
1851 in Evelick, Parish of Kilspendie, Perthshire listed as follows:
John McLauchlane (snr) Head widower..48yrs Farm Lab. born Dunkeld, Perthshire.
May McLauchlane daughter ....... 18yrs.....born Perth. Perthshire.
James McLauchlane son.................12yrs Scholar..born St Martins, Perthshire.

Would love to know when Margorie died & was buried.
On 8 Dec. 1854 they journeyed from Strathmore Perth to London & arrived in Auckland New Zealand 20 April 1855...this encluded John McL Snr. , daughter Ann with her husband David Dunn & three children. William & James McL.
John jnr had gone to NZ in 1851 & their sister Mey with her husband Peter Galletly & their two children arrived on the Glentanner in NZ on 3 Oct. 1857

I have listed the above dates in order not to waste anyones time.
Any help much appreciated.
Dianne