• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Me

Hi everyone
My name is Roy Stobbart and I live in Worcestershire, England.
I am approaching a horrid 58th birthday in 2009.
Married with 5 sons: 3 living in Worcestershire and 1 in Brighton in England and 1 near Brisbane, Australia.
I have been into family history research for about 5 years now and have traced various family lines back to the 18th century.
Have not yet found any other Stobbarts on this site but it is early days yet.

sterico

Loyal Member
Hi

Welcome to the FHUK forums.
We wish you continued success in your research, and may your brick walls be demolished!
If you require help all you need to do is,
Post your requests, with as much information as you already have, on the appropriate forum/s, and our friendly and helpful members will help you as much as they can.
Again welcome and we hope you enjoy your time here on FHUK.
Best regards sterico

Thanks to you all for a fast and warm welcome, it's very nice of you and appreciated. Good to know there is help at hand.

Steve - I am not directly related to Eddie Stobart. However my research found many of my ancestros born in Sebergham in the Cumbria Lake District around the area Eddie comes from so I am watching out for him as I try working my way back through other family lines from the 1700's to today. Also my family name appears on documents spelt numerous ways (Stobbbart, Stobart, Stobbard, Stebbert plus others). The most funny were two I received myself to Mr Stobbarovitch and Mr Roy Stourporton - the addresses on both were extremely odd as well but our wonderful Post Office still managed to deliver them, they do a great job.