• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Mealing

oznannie

Loyal Member
Hi Cumbrian :)
I'm not sure what the criteria is as this lady could still be alive.
Yes her birth is pobably available in Anx.
I'd rather wait for an okay from our forum administrators.

Oznannie

Cumbrian

trace and oznannie thank you both,i was looking for this lady on behalf of her brother,she was put in a home when she was young,and he has heard nothing of her since,his parents are dead so can't get nothing from them,he was wondering if she was still alive.Thanks Cumbrian

oznannie

Loyal Member
Sad story Crumbrian.What we can do is look for the brother's birth and we may get a maiden name, birthplace etc, then we can look for Margaret.
Her surname may not be the same as her brother.
If you send me or Trace a private message, we can have a squizz.
All is not lost yet..:)

Oznannie

Hi
I too have not had any luck.

Can you give the brothers name and if poss where he was born, details of his parents and any other bits of info which may help identify her parents

If sensitive you could send me a private message

dave

Cumbrian

Sorry everyone been away for a few weeks,i gave you the womans wrong name.Iwas talking to some of the family yesterday,i am looking for Margaret Mason,born Paddington about 1943-1944.She was put in Dr Bernardo's home in 1945,no one knows what happened to her after that,the family are trying to find out if she ever got married,or is she still alive.Can anyone help.Thank You.Cumbrian

leefer

Loyal Member
Hi Cumbrian,my guess is that she went abroad....many did in this era mainly Australia or Canada.

I hope you get some success and if you are desperate you can contact the link below with an email....to the right where it says contact.

They will do all they can to help you if the records are available.

http://www.barnardos.org.uk/fosteri...t/fosteringandadoption_making_connections.htm

It is odds on she was adopted and her name not Mason anymore but as i say it would be worthwhile dropping them an email to get the ball rolling and they are highly trained.
If Barnado's cannot help then maybe contact the Salvation Army who will search for you albeit for a small fee.

All the best.....Lee

Last edited:

Cumbrian

leefer and oznannie thank you,i have got in touch with Dr Bernados and they are going to see what they can do.oznannie Margaret Mason was born Feb 1944 in Padington,London,i found her on F M P.Thank You.Cumbrian

Margaret A.L Mason was born to mother Rose A.L. Mason, possibly Illegit

Rose A.L married Richard R Mealing, 1945 Paddington

children to Mealing/Mason in Paddington
Dawn 1946
Michael D 1950
Robert W 1952
Richard 1955

oznannie

Loyal Member
Well done finding her birth in fmp.
All the best with your search.
Good luck!

Oznannie

oops sorry I thought my first message hadn't gone..

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C 1841 Census Request 8
p.risboy 1841 Census Request 3