• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Microsoft Virus Scam ! WARNING!!!

gwenythgreen

Valued Member
Hi

I have just had a phone call from an Indian or pakistani Gent purportedly working for Microsoft saying that my computer is infected and will go down in 15 days. I could hardly hear him as the line was bad but I told him several times my computer is fine and if not I will take it to my local shop, eventually the line went dead.

I have just spoken to my local shop and I am not the only one to be targeted, they told me another lady had paid £175 to the caller for her computer to be fixed, the caller then took remote control of her computer!!

Gwen

gibbo

Loyal Member
Thanks Gwen. I had one ring me once and told me i had problems and to go to the computer and she would talk me through on how to fix it:eek: Needless to say i didnt and hung up.

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Also watch out for a fake email from Microsoft Live advising that Hotmail accounts will be suspended in 48 hours unless certain details are provided: yes, including password...:D

Burpengary, Brisbane Queensland Australia
Hi

I have just had a phone call from an Indian or pakistani Gent purportedly working for Microsoft saying that my computer is infected and will go down in 15 days. I could hardly hear him as the line was bad but I told him several times my computer is fine and if not I will take it to my local shop, eventually the line went dead.

I have just spoken to my local shop and I am not the only one to be targeted, they told me another lady had paid £175 to the caller for her computer to be fixed, the caller then took remote control of her computer!!

Gwen
Thank you, I'll be on the look out.

ozsteve