• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

millward surname

libbygirlxxx

hi to all can anyone help me out i have been researching for ages now and have benn at a stand still for nearly six months.My g,g,great grandfather was names william millward he married a lady named annie ? all i know is annie was from nova scotia i cant work out were william was from but he had been in the kings liverpool regiment since 1888(regular army)then in 1899 - 1902 was sent ot south africa and he was then sent to salonika in 1919,i know they had the following children:
william james millward 1895 nova scotia died in warrington cheshire
robert joseph(edward?) millward 1897 barbadoes died 1959 warrington
vincent arthur millward 1899 capel died 1903 warringotn
alfre nelson millward 1905 warrington
mary constance millward ????

as i said i have been working on this one for 6 months and am not getting anywhere i hope someone can help me out thanks very much xx

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Noticed on the 1881 there a few familys name Millward from Staffordshire who have gone to Lancashire one family living in the civil parish of Warrington and one in Pendleton and a couple of others in different districts.

Julie

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Joe,

Had a look at Annie's obt Mrs M McIvor is May and husband is Charlie, Mrs N Watmough is Nora and husband Albert, thats by looking at who sent the floral tributes you've probaly worked this out already.

Julie

libbygirlxxx

hiya julie thanks for the census you have sent me still trying to work that out,yeahthe names you mentioned i have worked that out but may who married charlie was annies daughter mary constance but i still cannot find find a nora being born anywhere thats one that has been puzzeling me,i know she married an albert watmough but the only marrige i can find for him is to an annie l millward so ive been a bit lost on that sweet, trust me to have an awkward family ha ha,again thanks for the time you have been spending helping me with my family tree xxx

grumpy17

hi to all can anyone help me out i have been researching for ages now and have benn at a stand still for nearly six months.My g,g,great grandfather was names william millward he married a lady named annie ? all i know is annie was from nova scotia i cant work out were william was from but he had been in the kings liverpool regiment since 1888(regular army)then in 1899 - 1902 was sent ot south africa and he was then sent to salonika in 1919,i know they had the following children:
william james millward 1895 nova scotia died in warrington cheshire
robert joseph(edward?) millward 1897 barbadoes died 1959 warrington
vincent arthur millward 1899 capel died 1903 warringotn
alfre nelson millward 1905 warrington
mary constance millward ????

as i said i have been working on this one for 6 months and am not getting anywhere i hope someone can help me out thanks very much xx
hi my grandad was william millward but his wife was lillian partridge my names constance millward this is great

oznannie

Loyal Member
Hi for the peeps
1901 census is confusing to say the least.
Orford Depot, Warrington
Annie Millward wife 28 husband Sgt 1st Lpool Regt South Africa, born Halifax N.S
Wm James 6 born Halifax
Robert 4 bn Barbados W.I
Vincent Arthur 2 bn Cape Town S.A
(gee they moved around!)
This is where is gets really strange
Arthur KIRKLAND 2yrs bn Cape Colony father looks like widr?? Sgt 1st Lpool Regt S.A
Amelia Kirkland 4yrs bn St Lucia W.I
Jenny 6 bn Nova Scotia, Harry 7 bn N.s
Surely these Kirkland kiddies belong to another Soldier and are staying with Annie?
Let me know what you think.
Looks like they all moved around together, if their Dad was widowed, perhaps Annie took them in??
Cheers
Oznannie