• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Mini breakthrough on my 3xgreat grandfathers death in US.

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

I have been in contact with an American on another forum. A brief recap is Thomas Musgrave emigrated to America in 1886 and is on the US 1900 census aged 72. Thomas's daughter died in 1911 and her husband died in 1906 and they are buried at Robinson Run Cemetery in South Fayette, Allegheny, Pennsylvania.

Well this man contacted them on my behalf and apparently a lot of their records were poorly kept but Elizabeth Wilson nee Musgrave, Thomas's daughter bought a grave plot at the cemetery in October 1886 and the plot had 8 graves and all graves are occupied. All we know of is Elizabeth buried there, and her second husband Robert Sutherland and maybe her first hubby or a child. That means there are at least 4 or 5 more people in the private grave we do not know about and myself and this man in America believe my 3xgreat grandfather is one of the others. The graves are unmarked apparently except that Robert and Elizabeth's has a small metal marker but none of the others are marked.

I am soo excited.

Ben