• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Missing Boscoe baptisms

emeltee

Loyal Member
Sarah Boscoe married Samuel Whitfield in Prescot, Lancs in 1756. The same year John Boscoe married Jemima Yates, also in Prescot. A witness at his wedding was an Edward Boscoe. Sure enough Edward Boscoe also got married in Prescot in 1759. I have also found a Richard Boscoe marrying in 1748 in near by Rainford.

I have found probable deaths for Richard and Edward which gives birth years if c 1728 for Richard and c 1737 for Edward.

What I can't find are any baptisms for them within the period 1725 to 1740, not only in Lancashire but all other counties. I have tried all the sites I can think of. Sarah appears on a couple of on line trees that I have found but only a guess at a birth date and no parents names.

Bearing in mind the several variations of the name Boscoe/Boscow/Bosco/Boskow etc can anyone find them being baptised?

I think that they are siblings and can I stress that I am not interested in who they married.

Many thanks

Emeltee

Ladybird1300

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Emeltee

I can't find the answer to your question, unless the dates have not been transcribed yet.

I found this:

Name: Elizabeth Boscoe
Baptism Date: 26 Sep 1731
Baptism Place: St. Michael, Macclesfield, Cheshire, England
Father: Francis Boscoe
Mother: Eliz. Johnson
FHL Film Number: 1656950

Do you think there could be some kind of connection??

Amanda

emeltee

Loyal Member
I think you are right when you say that the dates probably haven't been transcribed yet.

I saw the entry for Elizabeth and there are also a couple of baptisms in Woodplumpton, Lancs but I don't feel that they are linked to my Boscoes.

I'll just have to be patient!

Emeltee