• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Missing Boscoe baptisms

emeltee

Loyal Member
Sarah Boscoe married Samuel Whitfield in Prescot, Lancs in 1756. The same year John Boscoe married Jemima Yates, also in Prescot. A witness at his wedding was an Edward Boscoe. Sure enough Edward Boscoe also got married in Prescot in 1759. I have also found a Richard Boscoe marrying in 1748 in near by Rainford.

I have found probable deaths for Richard and Edward which gives birth years if c 1728 for Richard and c 1737 for Edward.

What I can't find are any baptisms for them within the period 1725 to 1740, not only in Lancashire but all other counties. I have tried all the sites I can think of. Sarah appears on a couple of on line trees that I have found but only a guess at a birth date and no parents names.

Bearing in mind the several variations of the name Boscoe/Boscow/Bosco/Boskow etc can anyone find them being baptised?

I think that they are siblings and can I stress that I am not interested in who they married.

Many thanks

Emeltee