• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Missing in Action

Hello

I am a researcher looking for living relatives of a RAF 'Missing In Action Crew' that went missing in 1945 during WW2 in the Andaman Islands in the Bay of Bengal.

All the next of kin of this crew have ever known for 65yrs is that their loved were presumed killed with no known grave.

That was until 2009, when we found the crash and grave site, that has been confirmed from interviews with the local people in the area.

It was an 11 man crew, we have managed to locate and are in contact with six of the kin families to date. We are desperate to find the other five. We are working closely with the Commonwealth War Graves Commission who are planning to visit the site and investigate further.

We have a strong lead on the Bomb Aimer Iuean Anthony Morgan who was born in Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales in 1922. He had two sisters Eluned born 1896 and Sybil born 1919.
One of these sisters is still alive and had two children.

I'm hoping that this forum will be able to help us find these people.

There mothers name was Fisher, married to a Morgan and they lived in Oystermouth, Glamorgan. An area known in Wales as the Mumbles.
If somebody has assess to the 1911 census and could find details of the family I would be grateful

February 2011 Update:

Following on with the success of the news story we ran in the Belfast Telegraph for other crew kin. We ran similar story with the Swansea Evening Post, for relatives to come forward for Ieuan 'Tony' Morgan.
http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/news/Historians-search-family-link-wartime-airman/article-3218053-detail/article.html

Within 24hrs we made contact with two of Tony's niece's, Eluned Daughters, Sybil, Tony's other sister has now been told of the brothers fate, an emotional time for her to come to terms with it after all this time, she was more pleased that the did not die as a result of being a Japanese POW.

Only another three more kin families to find and we have all eleven families of the crew found

Last edited: