• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

missing mum

sue ault

Hi All,
My grt parternal grandfather Charles cousins 1840 married a catherine hannah newell in jan 1862 st john westminster. They live in 14 barrossa terr, bethnal green (1864). 1867 battersea,1871 battersea. they have 5 children all living and then catherine disapears?. Charles is left with the 5 children and appears to meet my grt grandmother who is quite a bit younger than charles. Still catherine is missing and there was no death found ?.
charles and Maria go onto have another 9 children on top of the original 5, so i am very impressed with my charlie.
finally a death appears in 1900 for a catherine cousins and charles and maria finally marry in 1901, sadly maria dies three years later in her early 50s.
I have tried every where to find where catherine went and tried every name or change of name. i even thought she may have been with her own family but couldnt find her. why would she leave her 5 children.

1 could she have been in prison
2 was it possible charles started a relationship with maria and it drove catherine away.
3 could catherine have left charles and their children to go off with someone else.
Im at a loss a will probally never know, any thoughts on this peeps.

sue x