• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

missing persons

Alison

Valued Member
Thanks Alison, By browsing this site, I have just found some information, which names one of my relatives, Emil Carey, there were a couple of years when I had lost track of him...Now I know where he was.
:DJoan
Great I was thinking of pretending one was mine so I can send away for the documents LOL some of them have photos attached also, but not sure how much it will cost to have them copied and posted. Theres more links right side incase u hadnt seem them :) crimes, employement applications ect..

joaning

Loyal Member
1.Note the names, date and detail of the file, including the number of pages involved.
2.Work out the cost of photocopying, at 65c per page, (including GST) as charged by the Public Record Office. Add $AUS35 retrieval fee for each file. (No GST charged on retrieval fee.)

Please note that the PRO has advised that from 1 August there will be a 25 day delay between placement of orders and their availability. One way to quicken up the process is to pay the next day fee of $7.50, but there is a limit of 20 copies only for this service.
7.Note: The Public Record Office will not allow photocopying of photographs. The minimum charge for reproduction of a photograph by the PRO is $A7, and there is a delay of about a month. However the PRO also now offers a digital copy of a photo, produced on a CD, for $15. There is a quicker turnaround with the digital copy.