• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

mission hall itchen

g d cooper

Loyal Member
hi all . In 1891 c --g garnparent,s Henry & Hannah Cooper in 28 itchen rd-street . next door is Thomas A Cooper in 26 ?1 would Henry &Thomas be related I can not find anything Henry,s parent,s Robert & Elizaberth -- Thomas ,s Robert &Mary ann . all seem to be from st mary extra.?2 What is mission hall is it were they lived or a church. looking for Cooper & Golding . Any help welcome.. Glenwelcome

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Glen,

Looking on the 1851 census found these.

Civil parish Southamptonn St Mary Extra
RD South Stoneham
Sub RD St Mary Extra

Robert Cooper head age 29 occ fisherman born Itchen Ferry
Mary A wife age 26 occ laundress born South Stoneham
Thomas son age 1 born Itchen Ferry

Civil parish Southampton St Mary Extra
RD South Stoneham
Sub RD St Mary Extra

Robert Cooper head age 59 occ fisherman
Elizabeth wife age 59
Eliza dau age 24
Henry son age 12

All born Itchen Ferry

Civil parish St Mary Extra
RD South Stoneham
Sub RD St Mary Extra

Robert Cooper age 45 occ fisherman
Elizabeth Cooper age 45
Jane Cooper age 20
Mary Cooper age 20
Robert Cooper age 20
Eliza Cooper age 14
Sarah Cooper age 7
Henry Cooper age 3

All born in county

Last edited:

g d cooper

Loyal Member
thankyou julie that helps a lot I will have to have a good look but it look,s like the same run of name,s in both .Is there anyway to get back one more generation Im new at this and realy dont know what is possible. Im going to the hants web site next. thankyou Glen

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Glen,

The next step would to be order the marriage certificates for Henry and Thomas they will have the fathers name and occupation, once you have these then the next thing would be their birth certificates which will confirm the fathers name. To me it looks as Thomas A snr may be nephew to Henry, this is why certificates are need to confirm parentage. The mothers maiden name will be entered on one of the childrens births certificates this will help to find the marriage.

Last edited:

g d cooper

Loyal Member
thankyou julie that helps a lot I will have to have a good look but it look,s like the same run of name,s in both .Is there anyway to get back one more generation Im new at this and realy dont know what is possible. Im going to the hants web site next. thankyou Glen
:confused: hi julie I must be realy dime today am I right in thinking that thomas & henry are brother,s.Ikeeplooking at the info you posted and I think that,s right then no it,s not. Ill leave it and go hunting Mission Hall thankyou Glen